News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dale from Orlando and how I got to this fourm

Started by DCorl, June 18, 2019, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCorl

Hi all, been interested in electronics for a long time and a few weeks ago I was in a local surplus electronics supply store looking for interesting things when eyes looked onto a very nice rotary phone. It was a five line commercial unit that I did not know much about other then it was rotary and I have wanted one (rotary) for a long time. They only wanted $10 for it so how could I go wrong.  I was hoping I could figure out how to get basic one line to work and thought it would be cool to get it working and then put it out to display in my house and supplement the cordless modern phone that I seem to be very good at misplacing. Running google searches trying to figure out how it works lead me to this forum.

I have it fully working on line one now and learned a lot during the process.

Will try to post a couple of pictures.

RB

Hi Welcome!
glad you got the info you needed.
Nice phone!

Dan/Panther

Welcome to the forum. Run it's a trap. Within the year you will have 100 phones.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Welcome to the forum! As you may have already guessed you have found the best place on the net for old phones. WARNING: Phoneitis is an incurable progressive disease. As DP warned, these phones tend to multiply. Soon you will want another model or another color or maybe some old phone tools or signs or a PBX, the list goes on & on. There is a phone show near you in Maitland every January, great place to find phones & phone stuff. I make the 3 hour drive up there almost every year form Coral Springs FL. If you can make it you will have fun.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DCorl

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 18, 2019, 12:50:59 PM
Welcome to the forum! As you may have already guessed you have found the best place on the net for old phones. WARNING: Phoneitis is an incurable progressive disease. As DP warned, these phones tend to multiply. Soon you will want another model or another color or maybe some old phone tools or signs or a PBX, the list goes on & on. There is a phone show near you in Maitland every January, great place to find phones & phone stuff. I make the 3 hour drive up there almost every year form Coral Springs FL. If you can make it you will have fun.

Thanks for the info. Will look for the show come January; however, I'm sure I will get a bad case of the phoneitis ;-)

Welcome to CRPF, Nice piece you have there.

Key2871

Welcome to the obsession! If I could have found that phone when I was much younger, I would have been on that like flies on .... You have a nice looking ITT 564, those look compicated as all get out, but they are actually pretty fin to play with.
Well you got the fever, but you came to the right place, we'll help you work to get more phones soon.
KEN