News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Small Collection Purchase Part II

Started by Doug Rose, May 26, 2021, 10:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Couple of weeks ago we bought a smaill collection on FB. Gut lives a town over from my daughter. He said he had a few more phones to sell, but never anwered we Jan messaged him on FB.

She went to his house this morning and he apologized for not answering her, she just kind of showed up, although she said she would be around in the morning, but he never got back to her. She got 16 phones, some I have never seen. Northern Wood Test Set with two Metal handsets is one!

This will take awhile to go through, the Blue Queens Jubilee was the one I was after, but there is so much more....Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=25206.msg248531#msg248531
Kidphone

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 26, 2021, 10:17:50 AM
She got 16 phones, some I have never seen. Northern Wood Test Set with two Metal handsets is one!

It's interesting to see the Northern field phone again. It was lot 333 in my downsizing auction many years ago, and still has the collectible auction lot tag.

It looks like there are other lot tags on some of the other items.

Small world.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Small world indeed Paul. He is from Shrewsbury and is moving. He said He got the phones at an auction, evidently they just sat and collected dust. Do you remember him?

I love the Northern Test set, I have never seen anything like it.....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

I don't recall who bought those lots. And yes, they were clean for the auction!

I don't recall finding the Northern set in a catalog or brochure. It is quite interesting.

Enjoy them!

BTW, I had both UK and Scottish Jubilee sets. The other one sold at a phone show many years ago.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

FABphones

Quote from: paul-f on May 26, 2021, 03:16:22 PM
...I had both UK and Scottish Jubilee sets...

We need a close up of your dial centre Doug. Which do you have, British or Scottish?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Quote from: FABphones on May 26, 2021, 03:21:36 PM
We need a close up of your dial centre Doug. Which do you have, British or Scottish?

CJ....it is the one on the left.  Is it British or Scottish?....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

RB

tubaman

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 26, 2021, 09:40:37 PM
CJ....it is the one on the left.  Is it British or Scottish?....thanks...Doug

You have the English one.

FABphones

Difference is the crest. English Crown on left image, Scottish Crown on right image.

The Scottish Crown version is the one which is hard to find.

Jubilee Compact info here:
https://www.britishtelephones.com/t776.htm#Jubilee%20Compact

Image below showing example baseplate of the Jubilee Compact (made at the P.O. factory in Cwmcarn, Wales):
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble