and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

MISSING: Vulgar Victorian Phone Plate

Started by Sargeguy, March 04, 2012, 10:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I won this auction on eBay, I was the only bidder at $9.99:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330693743350

I don't collect much telephone ephemera, mostly I blow my money on actual phones, but this one struck me as being especially classy:

Front

Back

That's a Blake transmitter that guy is farting into!!!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

twocvbloke

Now that does appeal to my sense of humour!!! :D

And I have done that before.... :D

Sargeguy

It honors the early pioneers of "farting around with phones"
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

david@london

- those curly lines emanating from the top of the Blake transmitter........  are they an early form of multiple reticulated cords? ...............  or an artist's depiction of the rush of warm air, heading north?

bingster

I saw that and cracked up.  Notice that the "lady" is handling a second transmitter in an odd manner.
= DARRIN =

twocvbloke

Quote from: bingster on March 05, 2012, 07:03:21 PM
I saw that and cracked up.  Notice that the "lady" is handling a second transmitter in an odd manner.

The mind, it boggles!!! :D

bingster

My mind was so boggled that I confused the extra receiver for a transmitter. :)
= DARRIN =

Sargeguy

I regret to inform you that the plate has been lost by the PO. :( :( :(
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

twocvbloke

Well darn, hope you get your money back at least... :(

At least though, you got the pictures, and it's still a very amusing image to look at... :D

Sargeguy

The tracking number has it as delivered but  I was home all day on the delivery date and no package.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

twocvbloke

Call up the PO, they can say where and when it was delivered as most of the tracking is electronic, and they will (or should) have an electronic signature to go with it...

If it ain't your signature, then someone's either signed for it at another address, or you have a thieving postman who decided to keep it for himself... :-\

Sargeguy

Delivery confirmation just means that they drop it on your porch, you don't actually sign for.  It was apparently dropped on someone else's porch.  The PO says they'll keep an eye out, and asked me to confirm the address from the shipper, etc.  My wife had a package disappear the same way on the same day.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

flingwing1969

There are actually thieves that follow FedEx, UPS, or USPS trucks around and wait for them to drop packages on a porch and then they swoop in a pluck them.

twocvbloke

Over here in the UK, they have to deliver to a person for most parcels and packages, some posties will place some packages in a safe place if requested or if your yard is reasonably secure, but most of the time it'll either go back to the sorting office or go to a neighbour, to prevent people following delivery vans to steal parcels...

Sargeguy

I am sticking this the top of the page in the hopes that some sharp-eyed member might spot it on eBay or the like.  I have contacted the Interpol Registry of Stolen Art and Antiquities.  At this point I can only hope. :'(
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409