News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

andre_janew's telephone collection

Started by andre_janew, January 22, 2015, 07:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andre_janew

Here is my 1962 WE 500 with a dial I just purchased on eBay for $7 plus $7 shipping.  It is a $0.99 phone with a $7 dial!

andre_janew

Here are a couple of pictures of my WE 302 telephone.

andre_janew

I can't decide which handset cord looks better on my sea foam green Kellogg ITT 500.  Is it the black one or the one that matches the phone?

WEBellSystemChristian

The matching cord looks much better, and it's original! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Andre...I always try to leave a phone as original as possible. Why would you remove a perfectly good matching cord and install a black cord which looks so out of place. Moving shells off of one phone to make two tone phones is not the thing to do. My advice is to leave the phones as you found them, just clean them up. There are many "frankenphones" to be found without making your own. Nothing like the real thing!...Doug
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 24, 2015, 07:48:09 PM
Andre...I always try to leave a phone as original as possible. Why would you remove a perfectly good matching cord and install a black cord which looks so out of place. Moving shells off of one phone to make two tone phones is not the thing to do. My advice is to leave the phones as you found them, just clean them up. There are many "frankenphones" to be found without making your own. Nothing like the real thing!...Doug

I agree 100%
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

andre_janew

I'd like to show you a picture of a Leich telephone I purchased on eBay for $13.99 plus 17.00 shipping, but for some reason, the picture didn't pass security clearance.  I've never had this happen before!  In case you are wondering, no naked people were in the picture.

Here is the link:  www.ebay.com/itm/201293585381

--------------------

EDIT:  Photo added

andre_janew

Here are a few pictures of a beige and black phone I picked up at a yard sale for $5.  The transmitter is dated 8-19-77.  the receiver 3-19-71, the network(425B) 10-59, the ringer 11-59, the case 6-80, the handset 10-80, the dial(7C) 2-56.

andre_janew

Here are a few pictures of a WE 500 phone with an F-1 handset that I picked up at a yard sale for $5.  The receiver is dated 8-2-48, the transmitter is dated 10-37, the case is dated 2-67, and the rest of the phone has 1-54 dates.

andre_janew

I recently purchased an SC 1543 on eBay.  It has a small chip missing from one corner.  It was missing a line cord.  The handset cord was there but the wires inside the phone had been cut.  The line cord and the handset cord on it now are Western Electric ones that I was not using at the time.  I do have dial tone, but the ringer does not work and the dial is sluggish.  I think the ringer may be a frequency ringer because it has a large clapper.  The dial may need cleaning and oiling.  Here is the link:

www.ebay.com/itm/131466425640

WEBellSystemChristian

Are you sure that's the phone you purchased? It looks like a late-model AE80 in an auction that ended without any bids.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

andre_janew

www.ebay.com/itm/131466425640

I tried it and it will work this time.  Trust me!

andre_janew

This is a phone I got in a trade.  It is a WE 2500 with ITT plastics.  It may have been a modular phone at one time, but now it is a hardwired one.

poplar1

The sticker apparently says "2500DMG" which means it was modular (M) with a polarity guard (G).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

andre_janew

I will be getting an orange Stromberg Carlson Slenderet phone soon.  It is a Touchtone from 1980.  I bought it on eBay for $2.75 plus $15 shipping. I hope to post my own pictures of it as soon as I get it.  In the meantime, here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301728267032