"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Zombie Dave's new addiction.

Started by Zombie Dave, March 17, 2018, 09:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Dave

Zombie Dave

Picked up this American Telecommunication's Mickey Mouse telephone yesterday. 

Butch Harlow

I have the touch tone version of Mickey. It's one of my prized possessions. My dad used to have it in his office and when we were little we'd sit at his desk and pretend to be hotshot businessmen. Careful if you take it apart, reassembly of the switchhook in the base is quite difficult. It took two people for me to get it.
Butch Harlow

Owain

oldguy

I have a touch tone version also.
Gary

Zombie Dave

Quote from: Butch Harlow on July 08, 2018, 09:13:00 AM
I have the touch tone version of Mickey. It's one of my prized possessions. My dad used to have it in his office and when we were little we'd sit at his desk and pretend to be hotshot businessmen. Careful if you take it apart, reassembly of the switchhook in the base is quite difficult. It took two people for me to get it.

I'm glad you mentioned that. The dial catches and I thought of doing that very thing to try and fix it as I really wanted to use this phone. I however don't want to mess it up. I can receive calls and hear it ring and maybe that will be enough to enjoy it without completely ruining it in attempting to fix it.

Lately I seem to be buying mostly phones that need TLC. lol

Zombie Dave

This one my wife bought for me over Father's Day weekend.  Smooth dial but the modular plug is broke.  Hopefully someday soon I'll get it fixed and get to use it. 

oldguy

Gary

Zombie Dave

Just added this Stromberg Carlson today. $3.00 garage sale phone that my daughter told me about. Needs some TLC and polish. Another contender for the heaviest in my collection.

Jim Stettler

I like SC 1543's. 
Here is one of my  posts about them.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17677.msg183189#msg183189

You should submit it as a find of the month.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Pourme

You are on a roll, Dave! That is one that is on my list as well, $3.00...what a deal on what looks like a beautiful example.

Your phoneitis is full blown! Most of us here know the feeling....nice collection you are accumulating.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

FABphones

I like it, nice phone, bargain price too. Great find.

I'd been collecting (GPO) phones for decades - I only had 10 when I found this site.
Over 50 now...
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Zombie Dave

Thank you everyone! So this is a 1543?  Sorry,  still learning. 

Zombie Dave

Quote from: Jim S. on July 11, 2018, 07:46:40 PM
I like SC 1543's. 
Here is one of my  posts about them.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17677.msg183189#msg183189

You should submit it as a find of the month.
JMO,
Jim S.

I might just do that! 😀

Zombie Dave

Quote from: Pourme on July 12, 2018, 07:09:00 AM
You are on a roll, Dave! That is one that is on my list as well, $3.00...what a deal on what looks like a beautiful example.

Your phoneitis is full blown! Most of us here know the feeling....nice collection you are accumulating.

Thank you. Yep! I'm in trouble.  I really enjoy the fact that I'm able to use them. Providing they work or I can figure out how to make them work.