News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Robs Collection

Started by monophone_lover, April 20, 2018, 08:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monophone_lover

Hello everyone My name is Rob, I have been collecting phones for over 20 years. I find it thrilling and love to look and touch the telephones I own. Sadly, most are in storage as I'm in between moves right now. Also I live in two parts of the world so my collection is a little spread out... however within the year I will have it all together and post updated photos. as I am able to have more room.  For now I am staying in a small 3 bedroom condo so I'm not able to have much room to show off my phones. however, I do keep some choice pieces on display on my shelf.  I would normally never post anything so reveling however this forum has helped me so much in my collecting and enthusiasm and I also remember when I was newer collector I loved to look at photos of collections as I dreamed one day to own them which I have pretty much done so... I have some rare pieces. and some plain jane phones... I do love color the AE's are by far my favorite I know I know WE is where it's at. but even the hardest core WE collector cannot say that the AE's are so sexy and sleek sometimes they take my breath away. Well here is a photo. I will post some more as I'm able to arrange them thank you

Rob
Rob
ATCA # 4057

stub

Rob,
          Wow !!!!!!!!! stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

Agreed.WOW! Quite a nice collection of color AE's. Love the orchid! That top shelf does not look like AE stuff. That can't be WE, can it?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

~

Very impressive what 20 years of collecting can yield. Very colorful. I like your mirrored shelving. The use of risers on the shelves to give the display varied dimensions is something I am working on with my display in the past couple of weeks.

A lot of goodies in a small space, nicely done!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

monophone_lover

Thank you I also like the shelfing. however, in the US where there are much more choices I love the barrister bookcases. it provides cover and is also antique.
Rob
ATCA # 4057

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

monophone_lover

few more
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

and
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

this looks cool
Rob
ATCA # 4057

Pourme

It is a cool shot!...but those phones on the edge makes me nervous! Glad it wasn't a windy day!

Do you have every color AE 35? Beautiful!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

WOW!!! Rob what a fantastic collection. Love those AE35s....OUTSTANDING!!!....Doug
Kidphone

monophone_lover

Quote from: Pourme on April 20, 2018, 10:04:39 AM
It is a cool shot!...but those phones on the edge makes me nervous! Glad it wasn't a windy day!

Thank you so much... excuse me for my ignorance the 35 is the wall phone with no vents?  the only thing i have that is out of the normal... is a Blue 2 line or 3 line 40 also an ivory in the same.. and i have a walnut with no finger indentations....
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

here are the two i speak of also have in ivory
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

Quote from: Pourme on April 20, 2018, 10:04:39 AM

Benny thank you for that.. regarding colors... i have Mahogany, Red, Nile Green, Jade Green, Blue, Ivory, Brownish color, and the a Transparent .. Thus i lack (terry correct me if im wrong) Orchid walnut and Maroon... thats in the 50's

the 40's is a deferent matter all together..

Again thank you
Rob
ATCA # 4057

HarrySmith

Is the Clear 40 & 50 original AE or are they Ray's?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"