News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Scott K. collection

Started by Scott, March 14, 2019, 12:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

I am not able to have the entire collection out at one time so I have started to display different categories one at a time in a certain area. There is one permanent display over my desk of newer candlestick phones and one other small area of novelty phones that changes a little from time to time. I appreciate the ability to be able to post these photos here. This is just a start and there will be more from time to time.

Scott K.

RB

jsowers

I have the same problem of limited display space. I have to put some things away to display other things. Your Princess collection looks almost complete. You need ivory and light gray, which are hard to find. Keep looking. They're not impossible to find, but light gray won't be cheap. Good luck finding them! You have a very nice display.
Jonathan

Key2871

Nice collection of princess phone's.  Reminds my of my collection, I used to have :-[
KEN

Russ Kirk

The WE Princess phones are my favorite. You have an excellent collection.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Very nice, that's quite the collection of Princess's.  :)

Scott

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. It means a lot coming from a group like this. I have worked on and polished everyone of them. They all are 100% operational. The white TT doesn't have the keys in it right now because it needs to be repaired. I hope to have that done soon. I do have one question (for now). How do I tell the Ivory color from discolored white or beige?
Scott K.

jsowers

Quote from: Scott on March 14, 2019, 09:37:51 PM
I do have one question (for now). How do I tell the Ivory color from discolored white or beige?
Scott K.
That's a very good question. It's not easy, and especially in an auction. Inside the handset would be the ideal place to check to see the original color, but they rarely have that part in the pictures. You can ask the seller to check inside to see if the color is the same as the outside. The earpiece part especially is where you can tell because the capsule comes out easily and also blocks smoke, which can also brown the plastics. A smoke faded Princess will be brown all over because smoke penetrates. It can even get inside the housing and turn the insides a little brown. But it doesn't get inside the handset behind the capsules.

A sun-faded or UV darkened Princess will have those lighter colored rings where the handset sat and under the handset it will be white when the rest of the phone is an ivory shade. Also the cords don't tend to brown as badly, so they will be lighter than the phone. The underside of the handset and the transmitter and receiver caps will be the original color too, because the sun didn't hit them.

An ivory (-50) 702B Princess will also have late 1960s/early 1970s dates and the cords will match the plastics. The ivory 2702B is very hard to find. It wasn't very popular. The 2702BM modular version is a lot easier to find.

I noticed most (or maybe all) of yours are the non-modular phones and that's nice to see. I like the older ones better too and some of the 12-button ones are just as hard to find as the 10-button ones, it seems. They were made for almost the same amount of time and touch-tone service didn't really become widespread until the later 1970s when modular phones took over.

I hope that helps you find one. I'll be on the lookout too and maybe I can PM you when one shows up.
Jonathan

Scott

This is the permanent display of newer candlestick phones over my desk. Some of you may have seen another photo of these in the "wanted" section recently. I would like to add to it if anyone has one or two they are looking to move to a new home. Unlike the Princess phones I don't worry too much if these work. I test them to see if they do or don't work then polish them up and put them into the display.

Scott K.

Pourme

~

I like those Deco Tel Candlesticks as well. I have pick up a few other types, too. Nice neat way to display your collection!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Scott

oldguy

I like your collection Scott. I only have about 8 Princess phone in my collection. But probably my favorite late model Western Electric phone.
Gary

Scott

Thanks Gary. I agree, there is just something about them. I will be adding a Blue 701B very soon.

Scott K.

Scott

Novelty phone display that changes when new phones are added.

Scott K.

Jim Stettler

Some tough to find phones
Pink panther was a very low production phone. low as in the low 10's.
I think erotica was pretty  low production as well.
I have never seen the birds of prey phones before. They look good. Are from a wildlife organization?
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.