News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Scott K. collection

Started by Scott, March 14, 2019, 12:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Interesting to hear about the production numbers Jim. Here is some back story on some of them. The erotica came from across the pond a couple of years ago. I have another one that is painted differently. It has a gold painted look. I believe there is a one on eBay right now from Australia that is different looking all together. The bird phones don't have any markings. The owl has a plate on the the front that says it is an owl. The eagle looks like it used to have a plate. The owl came from Canada. Here is the story about the Pink Panther phone. My Dad knew someone that owned a premium supply company. This is a company that supplied banks and such with toasters, (Pink Panther phones), or blenders when someone opened and account. (this is just an example to give you the idea of what I'm talking about). He would call my Dad to come get everything that was broken, returned or left over from time to time. My Dad would fix and sell what he could and trash the rest. One day he came home with a pick up truck filled with Pink Panther phones, most still in the box. (My opinion here, these things are not made very well. Even if they work they don't work well.) He fixed what he could. He would sell one from time to time. He would have yard sales and sell them for $2.00 each. This is the last one he had. It works. It has never seen daylight so it isn't faded like every other one I've seen. Including the one currently listed on eBay. He gave this to my oldest daughter. Which by the way was the person responsible for getting me hooked on collecting telephones. To get back at her I think I will leave her all my telephone stuff in my will. :) Thanks for giving me the opportunity to tell this story. I enjoyed writing about it.

Scott K.

Scott

This is another one that sits out all the time. The only other one I've seen was listed on ebay recently. It would be cooler if the torch lit up. But it doesn't.

HarrySmith

Nice. You could probably add a LED to the torch if you really want to.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Scott

Thank you Harry but I know me and I would never get around to it. All the best.

Scott K.

Scott

On my desk. It works but I suspect the insides have been bypassed or maybe taken out.

Scott K.

HarrySmith

At least it makes good book end ;D
Have you tried opening it up? The locks look like they may be dummies. Probably open with a screwdriver.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Scott

No I haven't, but good catch I'm using it for a bookend! :). It came from an estate sale from an ex Bell employee. I picked up some very cool stuff from telephones to vintage advertising.

Scott K.

Scott

Update 5/10/19. I am beginning to put this display away and put up something new.

Scott K.

Scott

5-15-19. New display. Tenite (soft plastic) 500s.

RotarDad

Very nice, Scott!  I see your black set is an early one with the small-font "operator".  It sure looks to be in very nice condition too!
Paul

HarrySmith

Nice collection. I see the Rose Beige has a straight Gray handset cord. What year is it? Is the line cord matching?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Scott

Quote from: RotarDad on May 16, 2019, 10:03:20 AM
Very nice, Scott!  I see your black set is an early one with the small-font "operator".  It sure looks to be in very nice condition too!

Thank you Paul, it has late 1950, early 1951 dates and was super clean on the inside.

Regards,
Scott K.

Scott

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 16, 2019, 10:33:48 AM
Nice collection. I see the Rose Beige has a straight Gray handset cord. What year is it? Is the line cord matching?

Thank you Harry. It is a date matching 1954 and the line cord matches as well. It received the FOTM this past January! Very lucky eBay find.

Regards,
Scott K.

Scott

I am getting ready to change out what is displayed so here is an updated photo of the Tenite 500's. A few added this year. Also an updated photo of Deco-Tel type candlestick display. Merry Christmas everyone.

Regards,
Scott K.
12-17-19

Dan/Panther

Scott;

You have a very good collections of various style phones, and some harder to find ones at that. How long have you been collecting. Have you restored those or is that the way you buy them ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson