"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bubba's Telephone Collection

Started by Whitcrane76, March 31, 2019, 01:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitcrane76

Quote from: countryman on April 23, 2019, 06:35:13 PM
Thank you, I'll have to investigate into that. Unfortunately, the rubber case of my Elmeg is quite brittle and I'm afraid I might break it if I try to open it.
The Elmeg butt set was used in larger numbers by Deutsche Bundespost techs until the mid 1980ies.
If I had to tear it up to know for sure, I would just assume it was and leave it at that.

Whitcrane76

My vault doors.

Whitcrane76

More

Whitcrane76

Wow, what an impressive collection! I didn't realize there where so many advertising vault doors.Very nice!

Babybearjs

and whats going to happen to the collection one he dies.... will anyone even want what he has? even I've stopped collecting since the new generation is phone stupid.... everything has to be "wireless".... ick!
John

Doug Rose

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 28, 2020, 01:18:34 PM
and whats going to happen to the collection one he dies.... will anyone even want what he has? even I've stopped collecting since the new generation is phone stupid.... everything has to be "wireless".... ick!
thanks for the cheer up John, your insight is ...different. Just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day...Doug
Kidphone

RB

I kinda like the ice cream scoop... 8)

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 28, 2020, 01:18:34 PM
and whats going to happen to the collection one he dies.... will anyone even want what he has?
I have thought about this, and I have checked with the kids. They aren't interested. They did say to leave info regarding the valuable phones.

I decided am going to start liquidating my permanent  collection at phone shows  after I retire. I will start with the ones I like least.
It will be a fun way to spend some retirement time and will give me cash for other projects.
With luck I will have less than 100 good phones left when I die.
In the meantime, I still have 100's of phones, lots of parts and a large telephone library that aren't part of the collection, These I will sell or trade at any time.
JMO,
Jim S.

NOTE: I do realize that I will still be buying cool phones at phone shows  (for the collection) when I am retired.

I have been told that 'as a rule of thumb' it take a minimum of twice as long  to sell a collection piecemeal as it did to build it.
My first phone item is a mountain states safety cone that I found in the Summer of 1969.

The easiest way to sell phone  collections is as a collection or in smaller  groupings. Doesn't cash out as well, but it is easier.

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Whitcrane76

A few more "go withs".

Whitcrane76

Whitcrane76

My first booth.  Finally added one to my collection. It came with the phone and sign.

oldguy

Outstanding, you have to have a phone booth😁😁😁
Gary

Quote from: Whitcrane76 on November 16, 2020, 11:21:03 PM
My first booth.  Finally added one to my collection. It came with the phone and sign.

I had seen that one advertised, nice booth. I just sold mine, one just like it this past summer.
They are very heavy and need a few healthy guys to move it. They are one of those type of things that once in place, you leave in place.

Doug Rose

That sure looks like it is in excellent condition. Doesn't look like the inside has any graffiti.

Do you know where the Phone booth was located when in service?

Find of the month my friend!....Doug

Kidphone