News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My telephone photos

Started by guitar1580, December 29, 2019, 05:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitar1580

I've been checking out the members' collections, and you all have some beautiful phones and amazing collections.  Thanks for sharing.

My small collection has been growing off and on since around the mid 1990s, taking a back seat at times to several other categories of vintage items that I collect.  I'll try to post pics of most of my collection in the next few posts.

I always keep some rotary phones & vintage touch tone phones hooked up in my house.  The G handset is still my all time favorite for daily use.

Josh

The Western Electric 202 Imperial came from the mansion of oil magnate John Paul Getty, Los Angeles, CA. 

guitar1580

I only have one wooden phone, a Western Electric 317.   The marble phone was given to me by someone who brought it back from Germany.  The stripped metal WE 302 had been painted solid yellow, and had several layers of paint underneath.

guitar1580

Western Electric 102 examples.

guitar1580

Western Electric 202 examples

guitar1580

Some Western Electric 300 series.

guitar1580

Some Western Electric 5302 examples.  Not exactly sure how the one got an E handset, but it's a near mint one.

guitar1580

Some Western Electric 500 colors, and misc old phones in a cabinet in my garage.

guitar1580

My 3 payphones, 2 Western Electric 3 slots from the 1950s era, and a Western Electric single slot that was recently given to me, along with its formica / pressboard kiosk / boothette ... not sure what it's called.  I didn't clean it yet, but there is no corrosion, and it should clean up real well with some chrome cleaner.

guitar1580

Cortelco 2500 and Lennox Sound clear phones.

guitar1580

Misc. phones that I use around the house, including the two tone 500 that was a freebee.

guitar1580

Some misc. phones that I've ran onto over the years.  Some of my favorites are the Siemens Brothers 355, the Stromberg Carlson 1207, and the North Electric that had the wrong handset on it when I got it many years ago.  Someone here, I think it was Dennis, caught it when I posted a pic around 10 yrs ago, and I was able to get the correct one from another forum member.

guitar1580

Misc

Key2871

Nice, very nice. You've been busy quite an extensive collection.
KEN

guitar1580

I've just recently gotten interested in key sets.  Only have a few black ones so far.  Looking for more, and colors.

Doug Rose

Outstanding.....post you collection for everyone to see under this....Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0
Kidphone