News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone-Bauhaus-Earpiece-Breuer-Schadewell-TN-Fuld-Age

Started by Doug Rose, December 11, 2020, 07:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I see these every once in a while with a really high price tag. This seems lower than most. Is this really a Fuld?

Any info on this would be appreciated...Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Telephone-Bauhaus-Earpiece-Breuer-Schadewell-TN-Fuld-Age-1-123EH/324413164276?hash=item4b88880af4:g:dA8AAOSwtDNf0mHc
Kidphone

countryman

No..and yes..but no.
Fuld's telephone empire included numberless affiliated and associated companies, subdivisions, branch offices... in various European countries. The T in the circle brand and the letters  ´cis (c with an accent) are not German.
The design may very well be a Fuld company style though, and distributed in a number of markets - so it may be called a Fuld (style) phone.
Breuer and Schadewell came into action later, end of the 1920ies. They supposedly designed what today is often called the Bauhaus phone. The Bauhaus was a school of architecture and design and Breuer was a scholar. "New Frankfurt" also was a name of an affordable housing program in 1925-1930. It was attempted to create new affordable but sophisticated living spaces. The Frankfurt phone was Fuld's attempt to create an up-to-date phone. "Bauhaus phone" was later attributed to it.
The auction phone is neither a model Frankfurt nor designed by Breuer/Schadewell, while it may be a Fuld phone.

Fuld Frankfurt from Wikipedia:

Doug Rose

Price is down almost $200. Shipping is still to steep for me. It is a nice phone, that looks to be repainted. I can see a little gold on the front.....Doug
Kidphone

RB

FABphones

Quote from: RB on July 18, 2021, 10:48:34 AM
Looks like part of the mouth piece is missing???

Well spotted.

Additional handset images from listing added below:
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

LarryInMichigan

I have two or three handsets like that. They are works of art.

Finding replacement parts for the transmitter could be quite a challenge.

Larry

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on July 20, 2021, 01:02:02 PM
I have two or three handsets like that. They are works of art.

Finding replacement parts for the transmitter could be quite a challenge.

Larry
Larry ....would you please post a pic of your complete handset?....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Doug,
Here's one of mine. There's also another version with a more hemispherical transmitter cup but I don't have one of those.
As Larry has said getting any parts for them will not be easy.

countryman

That is a TN Maingau handset. It was also used on the last Frankfurt phones from ?1936? on. The mouthpiece has horizontal slots similar to a a German W28 one. Also the upside is different. My Frankfurt has such a handset (last pics).
This auction:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/234094582507 shows the earlier Frankfurt handset with radial/vertical slots (first pics).

Getting just the parts will be next to impossible while Maingau phones or handsets appear once in a while. Often the screw ring is damaged by the use of improper tools to open it.

Doug Rose

thanks guys, I appreciate the pics. Now I have a much better idea.....Doug
Kidphone