Telephone Talk > My Telephone Collection

Doug Rose's Amazing Telephone Collection!

(1/25) > >>

Doug Rose:
Collectors....seeing Vern's place on the Forum gave me a bright idea! How about everyone take a few shots of their collection and post it for everyone to see. Very few of us can match Vern's, but let's give it a go. Since it was my idea, I'll go first. I spent all yesterday afternoon dusting and cleaning and took six pictures to give the best view of my phone room. Its quality, not quantity so let's see what you collect. I collect from the late 1880s to the color 302s of early 50's. I also collect Porcelain and glass Telco signs and assorted  telephone go withs. This should be fun, lets keep this thread going for awhile. Lets see what you like......Doug

Jim Stettler:
darn,
I also  got motivated to rearrange the phone room. No photos yet(work in progress). Vern's photo's and my (new-in transit)soft KE500's convinced me to make some changes .

My phone room is 13 x 23.{ yes Vern, it is small by your standard. You saw it, Don't rub it in}

I have 25'-30' (linear) of library. Part of my  space is occupied by the "Glass Works", (fused dichroic glass jewelry, created by my wife and daughters).

I also store many "climate safe" items in my sheds.

Photo's will be posted after the transition.

Doug,  please send me photo's and stories on your clear 302. I am always chasing clear telephone info.

Jim S

Doug Rose:
Every year in January, I take pictures of my Phone Room. New phones are added and old friends leave for other collections. In my 30+ years of collecting, I have never once regretted taking a phone from my room to send to another collector. This is my current Phone Room. I was fortunate, I did find some wonderful phones in 2010 ....Doug

Dave F:

--- Quote from: Kidphone on January 19, 2011, 05:08:07 PM ---Every year in January, I take pictures of my Phone Room. New phones are added and old friends leave for other collections. In my 30+ years of collecting, I have never once regretted taking a phone from my room to send to another collector. This is my current Phone Room. I was fortunate, I did find some wonderful phones in 2010 ....Doug

--- End quote ---
Doug,

What an absolutely outstanding collection!!  Thanks so much for letting us see it.

Dave

gpo706:
Absolutely gobsmacking.

Kidphone obviously stays in an ex-nuclear bunker, otherwise how does he get all that lovely stuff hanging off the walls and sitting on the floor!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version