News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Doug Rose's Amazing Telephone Collection!

Started by Doug Rose, February 07, 2010, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

This is simply incredible. I'm speechless. Every phone is more amazing than the next. Do you still have all of these phones?
I tried to pick out a favorite but it kept changing.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

JorgeAmely

Doug:

Of all your signs, I particularly like the "Hippies, use side door" sign. Made in the 60s?  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

telcosteve

What an outstanding collection.  Wow, I had thought back in the late 80s I was the only phone collector. This website is truly awesome.  Oh, cool Abbey Road pic.   I have a poster of John Lennon walking down stairs into his head (very interesting drawing) signed by Billy Preston back in 1982.  Anyway...Your phone collection is amazing!

Steve

jfrutschy

Wow Doug,  Outstanding telephone room.  Very impressive very!!!

Doug Rose

thanks John....it's a labor of love. I also have a very understanding wife!
Kidphone

Tim Mc

The photos also remind me of my kids' I Spy books.  Thanks for sharing...and, I can show my wife that my phone habit is very small by comparison to some of us. ;)

Doug Rose

It has finally happened! I bought a few nice phones at Brimfield for my personal collection, but I no longer have a phone to easily remove. In the past, I would buy one and then send one to another deserving home. I am now having trouble finding one to go to a deserving home.

I think my collection might finally be closed. Might!.....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Have you called in any contractors yet Doug? Don't take the easy way out! Got to remain open to all possible solutions.

Terry

wds

What are you talking about?  I see an entire ceiling with not one phone on it. 
Dave

baldopeacock

The TV and swivel rocker chair are in the way of telephones.  They gotta go.

Doug Rose

Its that time of the year again. Phone Room has been dusted and ready for 2014 pictures. Six shots of my phone room. I can't see there being many changes this year as I find it harder and harder to move one out when another comes in.  My class of '14....Doug
Kidphone

wds

Nice - I see that North Candlestick you picked up earlier in the year.  Wonderful collection.
Dave

Doug Rose

thanks Dave...I do appreciate it. I also kept a Leich stick from Janet's great find as well.  I did not have a North or a Leich Stick so I was more than happy to keep just those two.....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

Doug,

How in the world do you dust all those?  It would be a glorious process.
-Bill G

Doug Rose

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 26, 2013, 03:25:00 PM
Doug,

How in the world do you dust all those?  It would be a glorious process.
Bill...I have a big arsed feather duster that I spray with pledge during the dusting process. Janet says, its not dusting at all. I can really see the difference. She tolerates my space, so who am I to disagree....Doug
Kidphone