News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

JorgeAmely's Telephones

Started by JorgeAmely, February 07, 2010, 06:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Doug, my humble collection. Only AE80s and WE500s. About three years into it so far.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Outstanding....your Ivory AE 40 is beautiful. It is a really hard find, especially in this wonderful condition. There must be a great story about it. I love the colors of your collection....Doug
Kidphone

bingster

Like candy in a shop window!  I especially like the shelves for the AE80s--each phone has it's own special spot. And they're positioned with micrometer precision, too!
= DARRIN =

JorgeAmely

Bingster:

It is a curse to be an engineer.  :(
Jorge

Craig T

You have an awesome collection Jorge, Excellent presentation too! The Mediterranean Blue is unbelievable.

-Craig

JorgeAmely

Craig:

Aah, the Mediterranean Blue! It is a very nice phone. The official AE name for the color is Dark Blue, but it is very similar to the Western Electric version. The color is not mentioned in the late 50s AE literature I have seen around, so I estimate that just like the WE500 model, it was discontinued shortly after it was issued. It is the only one I have seen with color matching smooth cords, so assuming that AE had the same problem manufacturing spring cords of matching colors, I estimate it to be dated from 55 to 57. Another interesting feature is the chromed finger wheel. I have seen those only on AE40 phones.

Unlike black phones, this color photographs very well.

I have an album of this phone at this location:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/DarkBlueAE80#

Jorge

bellsystemproperty

Awesome collection Jorge!! I love how the colors look so good. Are you going to connect the 616 to your house? You will have to make each extension have a home run to the 616, but it's worth it. It's great for testing phones and putting telemarketers on hold indefinitely while playing annoying hold music.  ;D

JorgeAmely

Kyle:

Currently the PBX is connected to all the WE500 phones in my small office. Connecting the PBX to all the phone outlets in the house should be fun, but I don't know if it will be possible because of the way the house was wired when built. I believe that there are three or four phone jacks per pair, so that blows the purpose of the PBX. On top of that, all the wiring is inside the walls, none in the attic.

In general, houses in CA don't have a basement, so access to the wiring is very difficult.

Do you have a 616 connected to the entire house?
Jorge

jeremylivin

Jeremy Livingston

bellsystemproperty

Quote from: JorgeAmely on February 16, 2010, 01:21:20 PM
Kyle:

Currently the PBX is connected to all the WE500 phones in my small office. Connecting the PBX to all the phone outlets in the house should be fun, but I don't know if it will be possible because of the way the house was wired when built. I believe that there are three or four phone jacks per pair, so that blows the purpose of the PBX. On top of that, all the wiring is inside the walls, none in the attic.

In general, houses in CA don't have a basement, so access to the wiring is very difficult.

Do you have a 616 connected to the entire house?

Sorry for the late response, but I no I did have a 616, but it died, so I now I have a 1232. It's the same thing except it has more extensions. There's no wire through the basement (we don't have one), but the wire is just run through holes cut via the walls.