"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Part of my Small Collection - Bingster

Started by bingster, March 25, 2009, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Here is part of my small collection.  

Photo 1:  A trio of 202s.  D/F, D/E, and the D/E that, with it's 684, is my main phone, and sees daily use.  The middle phone is destined to be restored as an ivory set.  

Photo 2:  A pair of 354s.  The ivory is numbers-matching from November 1950/IV 50, including it's 5J dial.  I have the original ivory handset cord, but it's put away to keep it safe.  It's mounted to a black backboard just to protect the edges of the case.  The black is numbers-matching from March 1955/I 55, including it's #6 dial.  The only non-original part is the NOS 9-foot 1956 straight handset cord I recently installed to replace it's original crumbling cord.

Photo 3:  A date-matching black 11-57 500, a date-matching '41 302, and a '58 500 that was refurbed in '73 with new white plastics and cords.  

Photo 4:  A quartet of hanging handsets.  At left a pair of C-mounts, one dial, one manual, bought as a pair, both from 1932.  At right a pair of dial G-mounts, one from 1937, the other from 1947.  I have a manual G-mount somewhere, too.  I have handsets for all these, but for ease of storage, most are disconnected.

Photo 5:  One of my Norths on the left.  In the middle, a WE 50AL with a horrible paint job by yours truly.  When I was a teenager, I took it out to the garage and sprayed it down with whatever black spray paint we had on the shelf.  No prep or anything, so obviously it didn't hold up well.  It's also got a Kellogg receiver, which I need to replace one of these days.  On the right, a KTAS D-08, stamped internally with a date from 1927.

I have a handful of others that are somewhere at my parents' house.  A Stromberg 1243-ish manual, magneto desk phone, a small Kellogg oval ashtray set, and a metal 302.  

Sorry for the dark photos... I still haven't figured out the intricacies of digital cameras.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Bingster, nice phones!  I like your C & G mount phones.  I have only one of those (G Mount) .  I did see a C mount at a show a few years ago that was for sale.  It was reasonable and I probably should have bought it then.  I also like your Ivory 354 with the 5J dial.  Mine had some corner damage that since has been repaired.  But it would be nice to have one "whole".   I see some nautical theme clocks---are you into boating?

bingster

Thanks, Dennis.  I have friends with boats, and I do love going out on them, but I've never got directly involved in boating, myself.  In addition to telephones (and far too many other things), I collect Telechron clocks.  I've always liked this particular model (on the left), and a couple years ago, I found the matching Telechron barometer (it's the one on the right). 
= DARRIN =