News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kenny C's Collection

Started by Kenny C, September 12, 2010, 10:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Kenny, some time when you get a minute, could you post a photo of that wall phone with the handset removed, please?  I'm am trying to see if it is the model with the curvature at the bottom and the big Stromberg Carlson embossed insignia about where the handset mouthpiece rests. 

I have a few of these.  They seem to be difficult to find.  I have Ivory, Yellow, Dark Gray, Rose Beige, Green and Black.  My Green one has the G3 type handset which is wider than the others.  I really like this model.  The ringers on them are very loud, like the desk phone versions.

Kenny C

Dennis By curvature what do you mean? It does have the SC insignia where the mouth peice rests.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on February 06, 2011, 02:32:08 PM
Dennis By curvature what do you mean? It does have the SC insignia where the mouth peice rests.

What I mean is they curve at the bottom rather than being more squared off, like a 554.  I'll attach a photo of one.

Notice how the housing is square at the top, but curved at the bottom, or rounded.

Kenny C

Yes,its exactly like that one Dennis. Except it's white.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Very nice, Kenny.  That was a nice gift from Stub.  I don't recall seeing one in White (since I've been looking).  Of course anything in white is difficult to find that isn't discolored.

Kenny C

It was very discolored! I sanded and retro-brited most of it out, but there is still some there.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Kenny, it looks good from here.

Kenny C

Here is my collection as of today... I also have a 354 that is in the kitchen being used...
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010