"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Links to Eman's Phone Collection Pictures

Started by Eman, March 03, 2011, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eman

Hello,

This is my first post and wanted to show off my small but growing collection.

All of my pictures are located at http://stuff.r-type.ca/phones/

The first pictures show my three 500's.

At left is a Northern Electric from 1956 with a 1960 G1 handset.
At center is a Feb 1970 Canadian made ITT phone, has an NE G3 handset and 1966 NE shell.
At right is a Oct 1969 Canadian made ITT phone, all ITT parts.

Further along is my 1964 NE 554. Handset and shell were replaced in 1979 with Northern Telecom marked versions. Like the NE 500 above, its dial does not have "operator" in white, its actually there, but its black!

Next is my NE2500 from 1982. Strange model that has the network built into the dial. Ive never seen anything like this before.

Below that is my NE3554 (or 2554 according to the phone itself) from 1973. Not sure if it started as a rotary or not, dial says 1978, red markings say 1978 as well. Maybe the original TT dial died?

Next to the 2554 is an NE125 ringer box, no other markings on it that I've seen.

Panasonic 816 is mounted to the same board as the 2554 and 125.

and last is the Lucent 2500... it works ok, but as you can see its incredibly cheaply built.

That's it for my collection, hopefully someone is interested in it :D

Erik

Dennis Markham

Welcome Erik.  Thank you for posting your photos.  I especially like the black switch hook on your 554.  Western Electric did release the 554 with a black hook early on but they are few and far between.  Somewhere on the Forum there is a posting about the one jsowers has in his collection.

Nice phones.  Again, welcome.

~Dennis

HarrySmith

Hi Erik! Welcome to our little group of nuts! I guess it is too late to warn you about "phoneitis", it looks like you are already badly infected. Is'nt it amazing the way these things multiply ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Eman

thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'd say the phoneitis runs in the family - my grandfather was a lineman for Bell Canada. The 2500 was what started everything, it had been rented since new by my family.