News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Romanian Old Telephones Collection of Daniel F.

Started by Daniel F, January 16, 2013, 12:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel F

If this topic can be moved to the special board, I will continue there. If not, I continue here, to not open two discussions to the same collection.  :)

Daniel F

Compagnie Francaise Thompson-Houston, telephone made in 1921. Photos made during its cleaning. I have bought it from France, but in the Romanian Railway Museum in Bucharest there is an identical telephone, so this model was used also in my country.

Daniel F

photos 2

Daniel F

photos 3

Daniel F

photos 4

Daniel F

photos 5

Daniel F

another

Daniel F

the result

Doug Rose

Daniel....what a beautiful phone, I love the Thompson-Houston phones. They have a very distinctive receiver. Great job and welcome to the Forum....Doug
Kidphone

Daniel F

Thank you very much Doug. I like them too. The receiver was called "monophone". This telephone doesn't work but the receiver yes, I have tested it on another telephone.
I have two other receivers like this in my collection. Three photos with one of them.

AE_Collector

Daniel:

I will move this entire topic into the "My Telephone Collection Display" area of the "Collectors Corner" Category.

The "Monophone" handset picture you posted is where Automatic Electric got the name Monophone for all of it's handset model phones starting in about 1926. They continued using that name until the late 1950's or maybe even the early 1960's.

Terry

teka-bb

Quote from: Daniel F on January 17, 2013, 08:40:29 PM
Thank you very much Doug. I like them too. The receiver was called "monophone". This telephone doesn't work but the receiver yes, I have tested it on another telephone.
I have two other receivers like this in my collection. Three photos with one of them.

Actually it's not just a receiver but a complete handset. The transmitter and receiver are placed back to back in the top part of the handset.
Dutch PTT replaced a lot of Ericsson handsets with the Thomson-Houston handset that had a metal screw-on ring around the bakelite ear piece to protect it.
The "spit cups" of the Ericsson handsets are rather fragile and it may break when droppen.  Also saliva that end up in the spit cup may damage the transmitter. The Thomson-Houston handsets are much sturdier and saliva can hardly get to the transmitter because of the handset's shape.
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Daniel F

another

LarryInMichigan

Does the same element serve as both receiver and transmitter?

Larry