News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mr Bones' telephones

Started by Mr. Bones, January 20, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

An 01/02/49 302AW, best I can reckon. Looks cool, works great. Part of a small cache of parts 302's I recently acquired from a forum member; still need many more. $10.00, as a part of the package deal.
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

A small cache of parts 302's: included one 304, one 306, one 302GX...  a good start, to be sure. Still need more for subsets, and other existing / outstanding projects.
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

I finally found an affordable F-1 5302; my only other one has a G-1 handset. This one is no glamour queen, but will fill a void in my collection, for the time being. ;)

It is a 5302G-3, apparently. I would certainly appreciate input as to what that designates.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

poplar1

302G is a 302 with  a 3-conductor mounting cord and a letters and numbers dial plate.

5302G is a 302G that has been converted to a 5302G by changing the housing and number plate.

-3 is black

With an F-type handset, it is a 5302G-3F.

With a G1 handset  (U-1 receiver + T-1 transmitter), it is a 5302G-3G.

With a GF handset (G1 handle + HA1 receiver + F1 transmitter), it is 
5302G-3GF.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Mr. Bones

poplar1,

Thanks for the detailed, and informative answer! I greatly appreciate both. Since you seem to have the references memorized, or, at least, at hand.... what does 302GX designate? I have a II / 52 so designated, in vermillion ink on the exterior baseplate.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

poplar1

Quote from: Mr. Bones on July 14, 2013, 09:49:31 PM
poplar1,

Thanks for the detailed, and informative answer! I greatly appreciate both. Since you seem to have the references memorized, or, at least, at hand.... what does 302GX designate? I have a II / 52 so designated, in vermillion ink on the exterior baseplate.

Best regards!

Do you see anything different about it? Maybe an F-4 handset?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Mr. Bones

Quote from: poplar1 on July 14, 2013, 10:37:11 PM
Do you see anything different about it? Maybe an F-4 handset?

I just have the base, no body no handset. There doesn't seem to be any unusual / extraneous components, such as a vacuum tube, additional terminal boards, or the like, to differentiate it from a standard 302-type.

I just wondered what the 302GX might have designated. ???

Thanks for your assistance! I am always appreciative of your input, and most grateful for your help!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Wow!

In the 8+ months since I last posted any additions to my collection, I have acquired quite a few!

Guess I gotta start somewhere, though not in chronological order. Here goes:

Mid-City Motel 302... from celnout. $ 19.99.

This is a "WESTERN ELECTRIC" model 302 from
the "Mid-City Motel".

I think this was "Extension 68" and it disappeared from the motel when "Curly" lifted the yellow card from the phone and saw that it was covering the sticker that said "All local Calls 20 cents".

Anyway it's a non-dial 302 that will work fine as a patio "Answer Only" phone.

No cracks in the plastic. Looks like it would work good, but is untested and sold "as-is"!

Please, note that these are all auction photos of my items, and those hands and fingernails are not mine, unless otherwise noted lol!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

I like it, I am still yet to get a manual 302.

Ben

Mr. Bones

Urrrkkk!!! :o
     Ben, I believe, to the best of my estimation, I have somewhere between 8-10... have to poke around a bit, to be certain! ;) As told in a much earlier link, I just think they look elegant, graceful, 'smooth', Art-Deco, etc. Whatever.

I likes 'em, me ol' chum, an' no mistakin'!

Here's another, from Doug Rose--- A nice example of a 1946, with a metal body. $39.99. Needs a little love, but that's what we collectors are all about, right? ;)

Best Regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

That looks like a fun project, I take it your going to give it a nice paint job?

Or will it be your un-restored, yet fully functional telephone?

Ben

Mr. Bones

Definitely on the list for a patient, loving, hand-rubbed paint job. Actually, it's the only historically significant metal 302 I have, so I probably ought to do it up right, eh? ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Here's another metal 302 I got as a 'Parts" phone, though I now think it will be restored. $32.50. Mainly bought for the metal body, but there's more here...

Base and ringer are dated 3/41. No discernible date on the body. F1W handset, TX contacts dated II 42, TX element dated 10/42. No RX element. Brown cloth cord, restraint marked, (stacked from top to bottom), 4-0, H3C, IV 51.

Looks like it has served some time in the military, based on the sticker...

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

I've also added a pair of "Loud Ringers" to my collection...

The first one is a 592-A, 8/54 ringer date. Looks (and even smells) pretty NOS inside; has that delightful, at least to some of us, tube-radio / tube-amplifier smell. ;) Yum!

$8.99

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Here's the second  "Loud Ringer": an L1AMP, dated 81341. $19.95. Guess I lost my head ;)

Just about NOS. Anybody have a clapper cover, and screw in their spares bin?

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus