Main Menu

Mr Bones' telephones

Started by Mr. Bones, January 20, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Great find, looks really nice!

Ben

Mr. Bones

Earlier find / late posting; came right before the Brass 211.

9/40 302, $39.99.
9/40 baseplate, ringer, and III/40 induction coil. H-1 Vermillion interior markings. I 43 housing stamp.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

My Son tipped me off last night to a Craigslist "Free" posting; as a result, I will be meeting the poster, and picking this telephone up today...worth every penny, no doubt! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Thanks to WesternElectricBen, I have my third Red 500 on the way. This 5/62 is only 3 months from being a birthday phone for me. Slowly closing in on the ever-elusive Birthday Phone! ;D

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

Quote from: Mr. Bones on March 30, 2014, 04:00:43 AM
My Son tipped me off last night to a Craigslist "Free" posting; as a result, I will be meeting the poster, and picking this telephone up today...worth every penny, no doubt! ;)

Best regards!

The GPO & latterly BT offered those candlesticks too, though fitted with their own dial, cos they didn't like the US offering it seems... ;D

http://www.britishtelephones.com/tsr1005.htm

WesternElectricBen

Your welcome, tell me when it arrives.

Ben

Mr. Bones

Coming Soon, to Mr. Bones' Telephones:
'55 Med Blue WE500
Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

You bought it? Congratulations!!

Ben

Mr. Bones

I did, Ben. :o

Probably surprised me as much as anybody else. ;)

Now, I know it has some fading, etc. as Frank mentioned, but there's probably no other numbers-match, '55 Med Blue that I could even make the opening bid on. I think we've all watched the auctions, yes? :o

Faded? PAH! It's a beautiful '55 Med Blue! Nuff Said! 8)

I'm extremely happy, and  excited about this telephone. All phones that come to the 'KHUT' are dearly loved, and will always be, for the duration of my lifespan! ;)

All the credit actually goes to AE40FAN, who initiated all this, and selflessly worked to make it happen; he 'just wanted the phone to go to a good home.' Gentlemen like that are in scarce supply, nowadays. ;)

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Well, you sure did get a nice phone, the fading isn't that bad at all, honestly, from the pictures.

Have fun with restoring it,

Ben

Mr. Bones

She'll be the "Belle of the Ball", 'round these parts"!

Thanks for the kind words, and encouragement, Ben! Much appreciated!:D

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE40FAN

Not to mention the matching grey cords!!!  I was almost tempted to advertise it without the line cord;-).   Keep us all updated on the restoration/clean up!!

david@london

terrence -

two very nice additions to your collection ! congrats.
btw, i think i just worked out what "rubricollis ferus" means.

like it.

Mr. Bones

Hoagy Carmichael! Sweet Jumpin' Jehosaphat! :o 8) ;D

My '55 Med Blue is here! Several hours ago, but I haven't had the audacity, or temerity to open it. Yet.

Standby, Please. Still trying to re-establish normal respiratory, and cardio levels. ;) (And locating backup boxers) ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Meanwhile,

I found a Kellogg red bar 1000 for $9.99. First one for me. It has a broken shell (anybody have a spare?), but otherwise seems to be a cool telephone. I guess it's all perspective, eh? ;) Sorry for the cra*py auction photos; I'll augment, or replace them, later.

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus