"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mr Bones' telephones

Started by Mr. Bones, January 20, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Late, but not never. From 24MAR14.

Won this AE40 from celnout, $9.99. Appears it might have a frequency ringer. Appears to be a 'heavy' AE40 per Doug Rose's recent posts. Appears to have a #29? dial. I could use a butler's handle carry handle / strap, and the appropriate plunger mounts to accommodate one, if anybody has a spare. Thanks!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

poplar1

"Dial Opening Apparatus Blanks:"

50B--553A Wall Set
50C--50 Type Coin Collector
50D--50 AL Desk Stand
50E--51 AL Desk Stand
50H--"B" Type Handset Mounting
50J--"D" Type Handset Mounting
82A--"H" Type Handset Mounting (302 etc.)

Ref: WE Catalogs #7, #9

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 11, 2014, 01:19:52 AM
Quote from: poplar1 on April 10, 2014, 10:59:14 PM
That's the correct apparatus blank for the D-1.

Thanks, as always, for sharing your knowledge, David! I can't tell you how very much it is always appreciated.

What would be the correct nomenclature, for this correct apparatus blank for the D1's; I'm still a bit mystified... ???

Best regards!
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Mr. Bones

My first AE80! :D

About ten days ago, thanks to the kindness and generosity of Adam, here on the forum, I received my first AE80, for the cost of postage! Thanks, again, Adam! ;D

I haven't been 'under the hood', to look at its dates, to determine what handset I need to attach, but am lacking an AE handset cord, line cord, and straight line ringer to make fully functional. Might procure others, for the interim, if no ready spares pop up..

I'm very delighted to finally have an AE80, and once again, very grateful for Adam's kindness!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Nice, it even has the rural dial plate.

Ben

Mr. Bones

Ben, it's a convertible, has both bezels, seen in the first pic. So, I can be my naturally dumb rural hick self, or pose as a 'sophistimicated' (sic) Big City Slicker! ;) Best of both worlds!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

11 / 1937 Non-vented 302. Very cool, sez I. 8) $125.00 + ship, from ePay.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Mr. Bones on May 26, 2014, 06:08:32 PM
11 / 1937 Non-vented 302. Very cool, sez I. 8)

Best regards!

That looks like a celluloid dial plate in excellent condition and barely discolored.

Larry

Mr. Bones

11 / 1937 Non-vented 302, continued. Looking for an appropriate ringer, if anybody has a spare for sale.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on May 26, 2014, 06:08:32 PM
11 / 1937 Non-vented 302. Very cool, sez I. 8)

Best regards!

I "sez" very cool, too!

Ben

Mr. Bones

(Painted) Pink 2500 from celnout:

This was largely a sacrifice play, as my Daughter-in-Law has been fondly eyeballin' the  soft pink 500 that I got from Vern P. Yeah, that's probably not gonna happen. ;D

$29.99, plus shipping from AZ, and well worth the price lol! Now they can have a pink landline, complete with # and *... whew! ;) Barely dodged the bullet on this one.  :D They likely need the DTMF to conduct their daily affairs, nowadays.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Been some time since I posted a new addition, though there have been many.

Wanted to make sure and add this one, though: almost to the day, about a month ago, I finally got a B1, thanks to the kindness, and generosity of SARGEGUY. ;D

I will take more pics, when I get ready to activate it. (Very soon, revamping what I have plugged in...)

Current pic is a cropping from his offering PM.

Best regards!

Oops! Forgot to mention I also bought a 634 subset, along with this nice B1. 8) Just better, and better!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

That's a beautiful B1 set you got their, I wish I had acquired that one. :) 

Ben

Mr. Bones

1938 302 from eBay. $49.99+ shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261616927203

I didn't really need another 302, but I'm an awful sucker for the nice metal ones....

I recently received a gorgeous metal 302 that I won on eBay. $49.99, bin. I had reckoned it would be pre-1941, since the majority of them are, and all is well with that.

Beautiful paint, with the requisite cradle area wear... no signs of repainting.

After opening, and unwrapping the telephone, first thing I did was unscrew the transmitter cap for a looky-loo..

The TX capsule has markings of S9/46 in black, 957T in larger vermillion, and molded-in F1.
TX cap has molded-in 327.
In the TX cavity of the handset 7 38 is stamped in vermillion.

Not yet sure of the RX capsule; plastic cap on bakelite handset, a royal beeyotch to try and loosen. Going to use the hair-dryer method, will follow up later.

Update: using my friend's hairdryer, and my ATG MaxiFlex G-Tek electrician's gloves, like I use all day at work, with two applications of the hairdryer, I was finally able to remove the RX cap. RX capsule is dated 7-1-38, cap is dated 9-53 in vermillion ink.

Shell is stamped H1 in vermillion ink, 301 stamped into the metal, for the database...
Baseplate is marked 7 38
5H dial II 38
Ringer II 38
Condensor coil II 38
Line cord restraint is stamped 56, haven't checked the handset cord yet...

Here are the 2 original auction photos:

I'm pretty happy with the phone, needless to say! 8)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Thanks to the kindness and generosity of Eric (ESalter), my first payphone, a complete, working, single-slot 1D2 should be arriving on Monday! ;D

Many thanks are due Eric; he went out of his way to custom-tailor this phone to my needs and desires, offering many options, great advice and his experience, all along the way!

I'm very excited to finally have a payphone, and looking forward to hanging it on the wall. 8)

It is also a great relief to find one from a trusted friend and forum member, rather than take a shot at one off of the auction sites, condition, and modifications unknown. :o

Now I just have to find a starter three-slot! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

More 1D2...
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus