"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mr Bones' telephones

Started by Mr. Bones, January 20, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Another recent addition:

This one appears to be a 302 with a SC handset... all you sharp-eyed, more-experienced members please correct me if I'm wrong. Your enlightenment makes my day, and keeps my mind active! :D

My guess is Independent Telco refurb, field, or otherwise. Es macht nichts; I can use all of the collective parts, or enjoy it as is. ;)

>Update: The auction photos posted here, in no way, shape, or form, do this telephone justice! It arrived so shiny, clean, and polished, I was actually concerned the seller had shipped me the wrong one. Plug-n-plays perfectly, too! ;D
     Gotta love a cheap, gorgeous, metal 302, with a bonus SC 'horsehoof' handset 8)<
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

ITT 2500, with ringer light.

Hopefully, I can slap my black Cortelco shell, handset, etc., on this, to remedy the Cortelco's lack of 2-5-8-0 TT pad function. $15.15
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 17, 2013, 04:11:52 PMHopefully, I can slap my black Cortelco shell, handset, etc., on this, to remedy the Cortelco's lack of 2-5-8-0 TT pad function. $15.15

I'd guess so, seeing as Cortelco used to be ITT... ;D

Mr. Bones

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 17, 2013, 05:03:18 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 17, 2013, 04:11:52 PMHopefully, I can slap my black Cortelco shell, handset, etc., on this, to remedy the Cortelco's lack of 2-5-8-0 TT pad function. $15.15

I'd guess so, seeing as Cortelco used to be ITT... ;D
Thanks, twocvbloke!

That was my line of reasoning, as well. One way, or another, I will make something work, so I can have a DTMF phone in my home office, for those times when I need * and #. ;)

I love the ringer light on the ITT, but vastly prefer the black colour of the Cortelco.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

This just in: a way to conserve some space in my office at home:

WE 43A 'Space Saver', G7, year unknown... great working condition claimed, now I gotta find / make a subset.... :D

(Been looking for an excuse, anyhow!) ;)

<edit 19FEB13> I am guessing they meant 'G1', trying to decipher the sometimes inscrutable lettering on the handset...
     <edit 21FEB13>Apparently, according to searching the forum, the G7 quite possibly could be appropriate to this phone.> Reference:

http://www.telephonecollectors.org/singwire/samples/1111sw.pdf

Best regards...
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 17, 2013, 11:53:55 PMnow I gotta find / make a subset.... :D

You could probably use the network out of the Cortelco base to make the subset, Reduce Reuse Recycle!!! :D

Mr. Bones

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 18, 2013, 12:01:20 AM
Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 17, 2013, 11:53:55 PMnow I gotta find / make a subset.... :D

You could probably use the network out of the Cortelco base to make the subset, Reduce Reuse Recycle!!! :D

Thanks, twocv!

Interesting, and totally un-occurred idea.

I do, indeed, Reduce Reuse Recycle!!! (Means there's absolutely no use, whatsoever, in rummaging through my dustbin.) :D... Also means, both my parents lived through the Great Depression, and WWII. :o :o :o

When I toss anything out, it's a goner, chum, and no mistakin'!) And not recycleable! ;)

Thanks, as always, for your 2d; it is always appreciated, me ol' china! ;) And that's no porkies! :D

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

G1 / 211 / Hangup / "Spacesaver"

Got another 211-type phone, G1, with a F1 handset... ;D Wow!, I really love these phones!!!

I just have to find, or make, some subsets, now. ;) Any un-needed 302 bases floating around, out there, for cheap? ;)

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

HarrySmith

If you open them up the date is stamped on the inside. I forget exactly where, I have not opened one in a while but it is there.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Nick in Manitou

Does one really need a subset with the space-saver phones, or just a ringer?

Mr. Bones

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 04, 2013, 03:00:29 PM
If you open them up the date is stamped on the inside. I forget exactly where, I have not opened one in a while but it is there.

Thanks, for the info, Harry!

I haven't opened either one of them, yet. (Haven't tried to figure out how.) The first one depicted, with the G3 handset, has G1 stamped into the body, below the switchook, and G7 rubber-stamped in ink below it, so it might be refurbed, my guess.

The one with the F1 handset just has the G1 stamped into the body. It also has the Z/Operator/0 dial plate, vs the later one on the G7 set.

I will have to do some exploring inside, and see what I can learn.

Best regards!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on March 04, 2013, 04:02:01 PM
Does one really need a subset with the space-saver phones, or just a ringer?

Nick,

If memory serves me correctly, ??? I seem to recall reading (here) that there's nothing inside the case but the dial, and switchook mechanisms.

I see many of them on epay, and elsewhere, being sold with a 684, or 685 subset, removed as one from the previous installation, so I am leaning heavily towards subset, at this time.

Any input, information, enlightenment, tutelage, etc. is most certainly welcomed from those who know far more than I about these lil' darlin's!

I'd settle for a place to start looking in the BSP's, if we simply must do this the long way about... ;)

Best regards!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

HarrySmith

The one large screw in the center on the bottom comes out to disassemble it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Mr. Bones

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 04, 2013, 07:42:14 PM
The one large screw in the center on the bottom comes out to disassemble it.
Thanks, again, Harry!

I was figuring the bottom side must hold the key, since there are no screws, elsewhere.

I appreciate the confirmation. I shall, most likely, tinker about a bit, once I've put the bird to bed for the night. :)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Been poking around in the G7 set.

Note: No birdies have been ignored, or abused during this; he's been in here, 'helping' me ;), and jamming on some of his music. (Drowning Pool)  ::)

I took the G1/G7set apart, to see what makes her tick...

First of all, I referred, quite incorrectly, to it as ' the one with the G1 handset'. It has a G3.

Well, then...we shall have to remedy that...

The only date on the frame / skeleton inside, was a nice, clear, red/orange inked I 39. 8)

The dial shows 4L73 in black ink.

The rx element bears the date 8 28 68, the rx cap has 67...

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus