News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The 500's are Complete (well almost....)

Started by Dan, February 16, 2013, 11:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Thanks to Gilas, whose kind generosity allowed me to finally get my oxford grey and complete the soft plastic tenite collection. I do not have a clear 500 yet.

Original hard to find colors (made up to 1957) Mahogany Brown, Oxford Grey, Rose Beige, and Mediterranean blue

Ivory (started Early as the first alternative to black), Light grey, Light Beige, Light Blue

Some more offerings: Green, Red, Yellow, White

A Special pink (anyone know what it is? ), Pink, 1950 Black, 1964 open center Turquoise

Lastly, two Bright Non Western Electric--Lime Green Stromberg Carlson and Orange ITT

A do have a chocolate brown SC that I forgot to show. Outside of the clear 500, can anyone think of one that is missing?(Two-tones or black dial models don't count).

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Gilas

Dan

Thanks again, and I forgot to add that I do have a bright cherry red Sc 500 which looks different than the blood red WE .
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE40FAN

Very nice collection!  Also, very kind gesture from Gilas with the oxford grey!

zaphod01

Beautiful! I trying to collect all possible colors of 500's with dial blanks.

I have an odd ball 500 dated 02/62. It's sort of a sand color. Attaching a photo. Any idea what this color might be called. In low light, it looks grey. In high light, there is a light brown color.

I really envy you that blue one!

Robert

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

Dennis Markham

Congratulations on your 500 collection, Dan.  

Robert, looking at the underside of the plastic may give you a clue of the real color.  Also, look at the color code on the back side of the 7 series dial.  That often helps to determine the color, although it may have been refurbished along the way.  The handset cord and finger wheel may have been a later addition to the phone.

Dan

Thanks guys, Robert, that looks like a light beige to me, commonly mistakenly called "ash" on some auctions.

Harry, the Mahogany Brown is in the first picture, upper left. I got it from Jester (Steve) in a trade.

Dan

Surprisingly, the white was a tough find for me in soft plastic, since it was only available from 1957 to -March 59 and most whites are hard plastic. The yellow is tough for the same reason.

The pink on the left is a 5302.

Doug Rose

Dan...outstanding collection.....you should be very proud of these....Doug
Kidphone

Jester

Looking good, Dan.  And, like Gilas, I can look at your pics. and say "I he'ped". ;)
Stephen

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

zaphod01

Figured out my mystery color. Back of the dial showed as 60 (Light Beige). 

I had a full day in the telephone hospital and I reek of WD40 and Novus. Time to hit the shower!

Thanks for tip guys.

I learn something everytime I log in!  :)

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

Dan

I figured it was light beige. I bet the handset cord dates to around 1974.

McHeath