News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 301A Fiddleback with A.B.T.Co transmitter

Started by Sargeguy, November 30, 2013, 03:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I have been trying to find a reasonably priced A.B.T Co. transmitter for the collection for some time now, which has proven difficult.  A.B.T. Co. transmitters are very scarce and do not come up for auction as often as a 7-digit does.  I expected that this phone would go higher, but with a couple hours to go it was still sitting at $300.  Considering what OST receivers go for, and that a typical 301A is worth around $150, I plugged a bid of $350 into EZsniper and a couple hours later I was the proud owner at $335.

The phone arrived today and I am pleased with it overall.  It appears to be in as removed from service condition.  There are even two dry cell batteries.  The bells ring when the handle is cranked and everything is coated in a nice protective layer of filth.  The only issue is that someone has screwed the part that hold the bells into place, apparently using screws that mount the transmitter.  They have used flat head screws for the transmitter.  This appears to have been a period repair rather than a botched restoration.  I will probably just clean it up and keep it as is, after I find the correct screws for the transmitter arm.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Contempra

Sargeguy

$35 via FedEx, it took 5 days, including the holiday, to arrive from Louisiana.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Phonesrfun

I bought one last year at a local estate auction, and paid about the same.  Mine also has the OST receiver, but I think a later transmitter.  I am out of town so I can't look at it. 

The one you got is in real nice shape.
-Bill G