News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W.E. 293A

Started by slimjim, December 22, 2015, 09:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

If ordering from OPW, these are the options I recommend based upon the appearance of the remnants of the original cord:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

slimjim

I actually bought this phone for the pony receiver for a 20-B Desk Stand I had. Well, I made up my mind I'm going to resurrect this on. I guess I'm just an old softy. I got into phones about 3 years when I bought a no dial 202 at a flea market for $15. It's the actual one in profile picture. I've been hooked since. Well anyhow I'll be trying to find the original parts for this phone. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks for your replies,
silmjim
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.

slimjim

I have the  ABT cup with the knock-out slug in the back. I'm missing the back piece with the screw and knurled nut. I've bought cord from OPW before. Was very satisfied. Would stick with them. I'm tuned up!

slimjim
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.

slimjim

I don't get the brass hardware on it. Everyone I've seen is nickle or painted black. Jim S commented that the black paint was stripped. I don't see any signs of that. Unless they did a really really good job. I'm looking for the mounting part of the cup with the screw and knurled nut. *229* transmitter and the 500/500 bell relays. Any leads would be grateful.

slimjim
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.

slimjim

All yea cords. Okay rattlesnake for the receiver. I'm guessing green pin/spade for the transmitter. What the line cord?

slimjim
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.

Phonesrfun

Quote from: slimjim on December 23, 2015, 11:07:51 PM
I don't get the brass hardware on it. Everyone I've seen is nickle or painted black. Jim S commented that the black paint was stripped. I don't see any signs of that. Unless they did a really really good job. I'm looking for the mounting part of the cup with the screw and knurled nut. *229* transmitter and the 500/500 bell relays. Any leads would be grateful.

slimjim

Although most metal parts on a 293A were made of brass, the brass was never bare.  I would agree with Jim S. that the parts have been stripped.
-Bill G

Sargeguy

The parts should be nickel plated.  Black paint was used on these later on.  Once you gather all the parts I would send them to Dennis H for re-plating.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

slimjim

Well that solves one mystery I've been scratching my head over. Thanks Jim, Bill and Greg.

slimjim
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.

Sargeguy

John Infurna sells nice replica knurled nut sets.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

slimjim

:)  MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :)
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.

slimjim

Couldn't help myself. I bought his younger brother.
Jim McDermott
North Smithfield R.I.