News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Attempt at a New Clock Forum

Started by LarryInMichigan, October 18, 2017, 11:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Since Pappy's Telechron forum is showing no signs of returning, I created a new forum for electric clock collectors at vintageelectricclocks.createaforum.com.  This is my first attempt at an online forum, and it is only just begun, so it is a bit rough.  I hope that it will grow into a place for lively discussions about electric clocks as this forum is for telephones.  All registration requests will be sent to me for approval for now.

Thank You

Larry

19and41

Include me, Let me know where and when.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Me too, I have a few clocks to show.

LarryInMichigan

I just fixed the link in my original post.  I think that you need to go to the forum at the link and click on "register".  I haven't done this before.

Larry

Nick in Manitou

Our clocks are still stashed away from the latest move, but my wife says that she knows where she wants to put them and that they may be liberated from their box in the near future.

We don't have much in the way of classy, expensive clocks.  During our early years together we would pick up small, inexpensive clocks we thought were attractive or fun and display them as a group on a shelf somewhere.  Most, if not all the clocks we picked up cost in the neighborhood of $15 or less.  It was fun for us.

I will post some photos on the new forum once the items are unpacked.

Nick

LarryInMichigan

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

LarryInMichigan

I have given up on the forum, but I haven't deactivated it yet.  I doubt that anyone has posted anything since Pappy's forum returned to life. 

Larry

Nick in Manitou

Well shucks...I still intended to post the photos of our humble collection of clocks...just never got to it.

I will take a look at "Pappy's" site, but will probably be intimidated...

A little busy at the moment with a whole bunch of boxes full of phones in the garage...

dsk

LarryInMichigan

Pappy's site (http://telechron.net/forager/index.php) is mostly about Telechron/GE clocks, but others are posted.  I had only created my short-lived forum because Pappy's had crashed and was out of service for a few months.  I didn't intend to compete with it.  The nawcc site is huge, and electric clocks are only a very small part of it.

Larry