News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOR SALE - Ronald McDonald Novelty Phone (not mine)

Started by HarrySmith, December 21, 2018, 07:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Our own Vern is selling a hard to find Ronald McDonald novelty phone. He is not very computer literate so asked me to post it. He has no pictures. If anyone is into novelty phones you know this one does not come up often. You can contact him here:

vern1435@webtv.net
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Here are a couple of the Ronald McDonald Phones Harry, which one does he have?

HarrySmith

I do not know, you would be better to contact him.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 21, 2018, 02:21:44 PM
I do not know, you would be better to contact him.

I'm not interested Harry. I just posted the pictures so others would know what it might look like.

Jim Stettler

The sitting Ronald is the very HTF one. I was told it was only available from The Ronald McDonald house, it was a special order gift to some of the patients. A collector  in AZ told me about these. He had a young son in the Ronald McDonald house. His son received one of the phones shortly before he passed away. Years later as the collector  was downsizing  he offered the phone for sale and  told a bit of the story. I think the money went to the Ronald McDonald house.

The other one is easier to find, I think it was made as a promo. There were several different advertising sets made by the same company, Raid Bug, Charlie Tune, Beetle Bailey, Bugs Buny. ect. I bought one one Etsy for about $20.00 delivered.

It wouldn't surprise me if Vern has the sitting Ronald.
JMO,
JIm S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Vern P

Thanks Jim for the story, I have never heard that before.  Yes this is the sitting one, sorry I didn't encloud  this in the post.  It is not mint, has some ware, I will see about posting some photos.   I bought this many years ago when prices were high. Don't know value today, so I am open to offers.    I don't have a standing model.
Vern

Quote from: Vern P on December 21, 2018, 07:30:40 PM
Thanks Jim for the story, I have never heard that before.  Yes this is the sitting one, sorry I didn't encloud  this in the post.  It is not mint, has some ware, I will see about posting some photos.   I bought this many years ago when prices were high. Don't know value today, so I am open to offers.    I don't have a standing model.
Vern

Vern,

I found this one for sale in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.
So there's an idea of what their asking up here in CDN dollars.

Oldphoneworks has one for sale also in USD.

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/ronald-mcdonald-novelty-character-phone-sitting.html

Jim Stettler

Sitting Ronald can be  one of the $500 novelty telephones,
Along with Superman (molded and cloth cape styles, Pink Panther, Original Pilsbury Doughboy, Wonder woman, Woody Woodpecker. There are a few others. These phones were all low production for 1 reason or another.
Superman and Wonder woman were license issue. There were only  1,000 Doughboys and they didn't work well, Pink panther had somewhere around 50 made and with boxes. They decided they didn't work well and gave them to employees.
Ronald was a special issue Phone.
The above info is a compilation of stories heard at phone shows.,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

I should mention that on the $500 Novelty telephones. $500 is an asking price, I doubt if many change hands for over $200-300 and they are the nicer examples.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

Greg G.

Here's one on ebay.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/123470986669  If you do a google search and click on images you can find several.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e