News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Spent this evening interfacing my 1A2 Shoebox KSU with my Avaya Definity G3

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, April 25, 2019, 10:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

I had some free time tonight,  So i took some time and interfaced my shoebox KSU with my Avaya Definity. 
I got everything working except ring,  Even when a call comes in,  interrupter kicks on lights flash,  hold works.  So I made some progress

I even have it grounded since the 400D cards require that. 

Heres a pic of the install so far. 

Babybearjs

I have the 551C unit, the back up to my 6A system if it ever totally dies...
John

Key2871

If your 551 isn't ringing on incoming I question is the CA set up for ring, or do you have the card set up wrong..
I've never used a D card because I've had trouble with those before, so I went with a G or an H card.
KEN

payphone2830

phr34k5h0w,

Yep it could be CA ringing not setup or it could be the cards. Do you know if you have WECO issue 15 or latter? If its issue 14 or below, the cards will not work.

Brian

wsher

Incoming ring-up detection.

Does anyone know of a modification to 400D (ISS 11)  perhaps to add a capacitor somewhere so
that grounding is not required (i'm using a VOIP and not a central office incoming line).
I agree that ISS 15 & above will work.   Just hunting for a wiring fix within the card.

AND/OR

Does anyone know if   400H   will work for incoming ring-up detection without grounding?
THank you
Will

Key2871

400 H will, but a D won't.
And a H card has timer so you can't just quick put a line on hold, you need to wait about 40 seconds.
KEN

Quote from: wsher on April 22, 2021, 06:12:45 PM
Incoming ring-up detection.

Does anyone know of a modification to 400D (ISS 11)  perhaps to add a capacitor somewhere so
that grounding is not required (i'm using a VOIP and not a central office incoming line).
I agree that ISS 15 & above will work.   Just hunting for a wiring fix within the card.

AND/OR

Does anyone know if   400H   will work for incoming ring-up detection without grounding?
THank you
Will
Will welcome to the forum, I would recommend starting new posts rather than adding on to years old ones.
Its possible to modify the line cards but it would take some studying of the schematics, which I intend to do one day.
It is also possible to make your own new linecard that has a VOIP built into it.
I am not sure if any hobbyists out there have already done this.