News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

looing for 211 with 684 and 685 subset wiring diagrams

Started by xtal_01, January 26, 2020, 01:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtal_01

I have been searching through the library but seem to be coming up blank ...

First problem is I an not sure of the proper names ... I "think" I have two 211 phones (but I could be wrong and I know there could be letters after the number).  One says "G1", the other "G7" ... I "think" one was made in 1936  and he other in 1963.

One old with only one set of contacts on the hook and an F handset ... the other is newer with two sets of hook contacts and a G handset.

I want to put the older one (F handset) onto a 684 BA subset.  I don't know what the subset was wired to before but if definitely won't work on my home system (there are four wires coming in ...my house wiring uses two wires ... "E" and "GND" are used in the subset).

I want to hook up the newer unit to a 685A subset.   Here again I am confused.  I have two 685A subsets .. the 425E networks are wired different on both.

I know the wiring diagrams must be in the library somewhere.

Can someone point the two out to me or maybe there is diagrams on other web sites showing this?

Thanks .... Mike

xtal_01

OK ...  I'm lost ...

I wired the early 211 (F1) to the 684 BA subset  .... works fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!  ... 84 years old and sounds better than a lot of phones today!

Now I am trying to get the late 211 (G!) wired to a 685A  ... I have two of them ... one with a 425B and the other a 425E

I have been all over the web and in the library trying to find a wiring diagram.

I found a few ... problem .. they don't agree!!!!!!

Example ... in one, it shows F going to Y  ... in the next, F is not connect and Y goes to L2 .... and in the next Y connects to F and to L1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the two subsets I have are wired differently to the terminals and have different jumpers!

Can anyone give me any help with this?

Thanks .... Mike

xtal_01

OK... got them both wired and working.

Which still leaves me wondering what the heck I have!

I believe the early unit a 211 with an F type handset ... but his there any other designations behind the 211 to specify if it has a dial or how many contacts or ????  I know it has G1 stamped into the housing.

The later unit is a bit more perplexing to me ... G7 stamped on the housing ... G type receiver .... but I don't even know if it is a 211 or a 212 .. and again what letters follow ... possibly "LR" (seems to represent a 6A dial in the literature I found) ????

Any help would be great!

Thanks .... Mike