"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A small starter collection for a new (preferably young) collector

Started by WesternElectricBen, May 22, 2020, 10:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I've been reading and following along this forum to the best of my ability with my busy schedule.

Recently, I have been sorting through the basement, and I have found a couple phones that are duplicates or I'm not interested in keeping. I know when I got into the hobby and first started attending the Lancaster show (about age 14), having connections and people to give you a good deal was super helpful for my collection and to build up knowledge. Hopefully I can do the same for a new, young collector. I'm not asking much for any of them, mostly just the cost of shipping. If you are or know someone, feel free to PM me.

Before I list them on eBay I have:

-1. 1960 WE Princess in Pink, faded but has everything.
-4 AE touchtone Starlight phones, faded but free of cracks (perhaps a good project to try chemical bleaching on).
-1 WE 410 (two line).
-1 AE 80 in Pink (no discoloration, but in pieces).
-Various WE 500 parts

Ben

HarrySmith

Hi Ben,
Good to see you here again. Thanks for offering to pass it on. That is how this works!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Ben....you have been missed. Seems like only yesterday that you and Christian injected some young blood into the Forum.

Are you in College now?.....Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

Harry and Doug,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome back! Yes, I'm in college now, studying Architecture!

Ben

Glad to see your still around, always enjoyed your posts.
Good for you on thinking of the younger collectors, like you once were.