News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

MISSING: Vulgar Victorian Phone Plate

Started by Sargeguy, March 04, 2012, 10:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

We had a parcel declared, "delivered" by the post office and we had not received it.  A couple days later it arrived in one piece.  I contacted the regional post office folks and they said that if the postal person delivered it to the wrong address by accident, it would show up as "delivered".

Luckily, the majority of folks are honest and will get an incorrectly delivered item back to the post office within a couple days.  

Perhaps it will show up...

[Edit]...Whoops, I just  noticed that the delivery should have taken place a long time ago...

AE_Collector

Okay, I'm lost. You bought this close to a year ago. Did it NOT arrive in the mail and you are just now giving up on it ever arriving?

Terry

HowardPgh

Check and see if you have a "helpful" neighbor.
I shipped a package one time and the buyers neighbor  received it and put it in his hall closet and forgot about it.
Howard
Howard

George Knighton

So glad I live in a tiny town out in the Virginia Styx.

You could leave a gold brick in your driveway overnight and it'd be there in the morning.
Annoying new poster.

Sargeguy

QuoteOkay, I'm lost. You bought this close to a year ago. Did it NOT arrive in the mail and you are just now giving up on it ever arriving?

I will NEVER give up hope!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

I think the drawing on the back is part of the gag, hence the name "The First Salute" on the front.  It strikes me as something that was a one-off, perhaps as an inside joke, rather than something mass-produced.  I was hoping to present this piece to the PBS show History Detectives, but I'm afraid that will never be.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bingster on March 05, 2012, 07:03:21 PM
I saw that and cracked up.  Notice that the "lady" is handling a second transmitter in an odd manner.

The second transmitter is actually  used as a receiver. later they improved the transmitters.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

there was a similar plate in one of the telephone collectors club newsletters many
20? years ago.I think it was a different shape and I think you held it up to light to see the other message.Same or very similar artwork