"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 684BA Subset Wiring

Started by TallahasseeTom, May 01, 2012, 05:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallahasseeTom

Hey friends,

when you get time please furnish the wiring for the BA Subset box. I have done the 684A and 634 but when I opened up the newly supplied BA I can see it is different, slightly.

I see the 101 coil but there is another plate with connectors. I will be hooking this up anti-sidetone to a 1929 B1 with #2HB dial.

Thanks for the discussion
Tom

poplar1

Tom, the 684BA has the same circuit as the 684A, 634A and 634BA.
The green from the round base 202 goes to GN on the ind. coil; red to R on ind. coil, yellow to Y/L2 on ind. coil, and black to the BK terminal. The E and GND terminals are not needed. The K terminal is for tying one ringer wire and one condenser wire.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TallahasseeTom

Thank you for the help. I notice this 684BA has the 101 coil, did all have the 2150 ringer transformers?  Can you please let me know where the 4 wires from the 2mf capacitor hook up? They are now in place but I would like to be sure they are correct. I have downloaded some schematics; this unit has a unattached white wire from the BK(there is already one there which I think correct). It could be this was not used as it is cut.

Again, Thanks
tom

poplar1

2uf black to BK terminal, red to C of induction coil (talking capacitor).
0.5 uf slate to K terminal, yellow to Y/L2 of induction coil (ringer capacitor).

The 2150/2150 coils are what makes this BA instead of A; they are high impedance, similar to impedance of the ringer in a 302 or 500.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

G-Man

Hi Tom-

Try this link to the TCI Library showing the schematics for the following:

http://tinyurl.com/77asabl

SUBSCRIBER SETS- 634A,BA,C, 684A,BA,C
COMMON BATTERY INDUCTION COIL TYPE- USED WITH
HAND TELEPHONE SETS- CONNECTIONS

TelePlay

Thanks for Ktownphoneco for finding this diagram in a WE publication.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19380.msg198930#msg198930

Ktownphoneco