"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Xlink Bluetooth Gateway

Started by Devansphones, April 20, 2018, 08:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

My English is to bad, sorry!

I tried to tell that the X-link does accept the dial, but the BK-Precision does not accept it, and yes I have set the X-link to accept a wide range of dials.

dsk

AL_as_needed

No need to apologize dsk, phone is the common language on CRPF  ;D

So to make sure I understand correctly; are the phones connected with the xlink and then the BK in series? Or is it more a case of the phone works on the xlink but not the BK (but the BK and the xlink are not directly connected to one another)? hope im not making things more confusing  :P
TWinbrook7

dsk

The phone works well on the xlink. Wen i test it with the  BK (separate unit held away from the line)  The BK does not recognize the digits.

dsk

AL_as_needed

Ok, that sounds like that particular phone is way outside the acceptable dial rate specs. What kind of phone is it? Honestly if it works for Xlink and dials out to known numbers fine, its good enough.

I personally do not have a phone tester, but what I will do is use the phone on Xlink and dial out. If the number on my cell phone matches up with what I dialed, I consider it good to go. A bit lazy on my part, but Im not a picky as the Bell System was  ::)
TWinbrook7

dsk

The phone is my Siemens from 1911, the Strowger dial was not easy to tune, and i did not want to do more than necessary wit it as long as my equipment accepts it. The main issues are the slightly yo long makes, and oxidized contact points. It is actually turning better for each time I use it, and the oxidation is weared.  :-)

dsk

AL_as_needed

Yeah that little bit of a delay caused by the oxidation would do it. I had that issue with a WE 302 dial off a phone that was flood damaged, ended up just using it for parts sadly. If you can, try sliding a piece of paper like an index or note card between the contacts when they are in the closed position. It can remove a surprising amount of dirt from the fine points of contact.
TWinbrook7

long jumper

my name is Paul I am New to this forum. Can anyone Advise on this issue that I have with my x link gateway? voice access works good with touch tone by pressing # # BUT ON MY ROTARY DIAL PHONES WHEN I PRESS AND RELEASE HOOK SWITCH IT WILL NOT LET ME USE VOICE COMMANDS. ALL OTHER FUNCTIONS WORK WELL WITH ALL MY ROTARY PHONES. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

AL_as_needed

Hello Paul and welcome! I have noticed within my collection of WE 500s, some phones seem to work with hitting the hook switch easier than others. Not sure if it is the xlink being picky or something to do with how clean the hook switch contacts are. Have you tried hitting it twice in a row quickly, like a tap tap sort of move?
TWinbrook7

long jumper

Thanks for  tip but I found that press and hold for about 1second voice access works well. Tap tap will dial 1. 1 again thanks for tip