News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg Select-O-Phone Space Maker

Started by Doug Rose, May 25, 2021, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I got this in a small collection we purchased about a month ago. This is a very cool set and very different from the AE, WE and SC versions. It is very thin.

Select-O-Phone was in itself a phone system and these are not compatible with todays phone systems. Check out the plug!

This in really nice shape except for the WE bracket, but it still holds it firm with 1 screw.

Original paint is in really nice shape with a Mother of pearl button instead of the drilled buttons with a hex nut added on that you see. Dial card is a copy and I was fortunate I saved a retainer ring as they are very different...Doug
Kidphone

RB

Nice piece Doug.
What did a s-o-p system look like?
And does that plug have a deformed blade?
Or, is that just pigment in my imagination?

Doug Rose

Hey Rod....blade is not straight like the others, but notched and looks correct.

AS for the S-O-P system specs, it is above my pay grade  8) ...Doug
Kidphone

RB

Ok, now I see it.
The bent blade is to prevent reversing the plug in the socket. :)

Jim Stettler

I have seen a working select-o-phone salesman demo set-up..
You can dial up a door speaker, turn on a light or ring a signal bell. simple automation stuff. Pretty cool stuff with a working controller.
I don't have a controller but still like the phones.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jim Stettler on May 25, 2021, 08:29:03 PM
I have seen a working select-o-phone salesman demo set-up..
You can dial up a door speaker, turn on a light or ring a signal bell. simple automation stuff. Pretty cool stuff with a working controller.
I don't have a controller but still like the phones.
Jim
thanks Jim...I knew someone had posted it before...many thanks...Doug
Kidphone

SUnset2

I have one of those, but I didn't realize it was a Select-O-Phone.  I opened it up, and the diagram below was inside.  Mine doesn't have the cord and plug, and the handset was replaced with an old style Automatic Electric.  I guess I won't be hooking it up as an extension.

oldguy

Gary

Doug Rose

thanks Gary....one of the really cool space saver designs, it is so thin!....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

~

Even before I got the collecting "bug" I was attracted to the space saver phones in general. This one is very unique in comparison. It looks strange to see that iconic handset attached to a unconventional space saver like that. An eye catcher for sure. The mother of pearl button was just showing off!

Very nice, Doug!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

thanks Benny...Jan picked up a another last week with the correct mounting bracket!....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

~

Nice, love that thick handset cord.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Thanks Benny...it cleaned up really nice, just years of dirt and not a bit of damage.

It has the "Z" perch like the WE C1

These are super thin and really different...Doug
Kidphone