News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W.E 410211

Started by Babybearjs, November 05, 2011, 11:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

Well, heres another interesting project! I just finished putting in the WE 410 in my roommates room, complete with buzzer and working call button. Then, I won a WE 211 on Ebay and had all the parts to restore it to working order. thats done... When shown, carl my roommate said, "I want that in my room!" so, I mounted the bracket in the cabinet next to his bed and started to install the phone when it hit me... 2 line... Hmmmmm so, I took out the 410, and the 211... and did some handy work... took the dial out of the 410, replaced it with a app blank, took the beat up #5 dial off of the 211 and replaced it with the dial from the 410. still with me??? now I took the 211, and wired it in to the 410, thus creating a W.E. 410211! interesting! now carl has the space-saver phone he wanted with the 2 lines! first time I'd ever done this... but it works! oh, ya.... and the phone has 2 handsets! both working! now how do you use this type phone..... one for each ear??? or is it that blasted "mother-In-Law" thing.. anyway, enclosed is a photo of my work... what a day!!
John

Phonesrfun

Sounds like a productive day.
-Bill G

GG

If I understand you correctly, the 410 (302 with 2-line push/turn key?) is also serving as the subset for the 211, whereby the handsets on both are using the induction coil & condenser & ringer in the base of the 410?

That's clever.  Yes, and I think we also just heard the sound of one or two folks here fainting:-)

OK, so what's on the two-line turn key?  Two CO lines, or one CO line and an intercom line with the push function of the key used to buzz the other stations?

BTW, "please wait for dial tone" isn't quite right for a manual phone, which wouldn't have a dial tone since it would go straight to an operator.

Babybearjs

thanks! yes the phone is hooked up to a CO and a ICM. the pushbutton buzzes the phone upstairs! as far as the dial center goes, thats just the one I had on the App Blank. the setup is the answer to only having to have 1 phone in the room. in another room, I have a mickey mouse phone and a 302... the 302 is on the ICM. I kind of have several themes thoughout the house. touch tone 3 line, rotary dial, both styles in one room, etc. I have the other 211 on the patio outside. I also have a 464 with brass accents and a 444E with Chrome. lots of things to catch the eye! even the kids love it! they almost wore out the 207C! (playing "telephone") anyway, I thought you'd all like to see what one person can do to improvise a telephone installation! I want to show the 464 and the 444, but the camera does'nt work the way I want it to... if I use the flash, the metal reflects and ruins the picture. I'm still trying to get the right shot.   John
John

GG

Oh that's cool; you apparently have a combination of manual intercom and dial intercom in the same system.  That never occurred to me to try, though I can see how it would be viable.  Ditto the thing about different themes in different rooms.

Babybearjs

ya, my roommate hit his head getting up on the handset. I told him to be careful. the whole system works really nice. the only problem is I'm having 1A-1A1 Issues....
John