News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help with British Compact 776 telephone and Bell Unit

Started by Doug Rose, May 26, 2021, 01:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Is there any trick to make this snap in or is this they way it is supposed to be. Do I remove the feet from the Telephone?

Second....How do I remove the fingerwheel to straighten the dial card....many thanks...Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 26, 2021, 01:27:14 PM
How do I remove the fingerwheel to straighten the dial card....many thanks...Doug

The finger wheel does not need to be removed. To remove the centre Opal take a length of scotch tape, press it onto the front of the Opal and pull up. The Opal should stick to the tape and lift with it. It might take a few attempts. The card can be straightened and the Opal will gently snap back on.

:)

No need to remove feet, but if needed, disassembly info:
https://www.britishtelephones.com/t776.htm
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Owain

The telephone does not snap onto the bell box.
The bell box should be fitted to the wall (with a metal bracket) and is used as a shelf.

Doug Rose

Thanks CJ and Owain ....I appreciate the info....Doug
Kidphone

RB

Doug Rose

Quote from: FABphones on May 26, 2021, 01:45:21 PM
The finger wheel does not need to be removed. To remove the centre Opal take a length of scotch tape, press it onto the front of the Opal and pull up. The Opal should stick to the tape and lift with it. It might take a few attempts. The card can be straightened and the Opal will gently snap back on.

:)

No need to remove feet, but if needed, disassembly info:
https://www.britishtelephones.com/t776.htm

dial card is in the correct position, worked like a champ....thanks CJ...took less than 1 minute!...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I only have room for either British Compact 776 or the Jubilee phone.

I am leaning towards the 776. It is such a cool phone. The Jubilee is perfect and fully functional.

My Friends across the Pond, what would you keep?...Doug

Kidphone

Doug Rose

I have decided on keeping the Brown Compact 776 and have put the Queens Jubilee up for sale. The Brown 776 is such a cool design....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Kidphone