Author Topic: What Made You Start Collecting Telephones?  (Read 58844 times)

Offline Doug Rose

• Blondie & the Kid of Phone
Re: What Made You Start Collecting Telephones?
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »
Great stories! 

This is just an amazing thread that I strarted over 29.6K views ago in June of 2010! Itís still going.

You can feel the passion in these posts!....Doug
Kidphone

Offline caltx01

« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2021, 09:31:32 PM »
I just rejoined this forum after several years away and so I am going to rejuvenate this thread.  I am by no means a big time collector but I have been interested in all things electrical since I was a kid.  I developed a deep interest in communications equipment in high school.  I obtained an amateur radio license (WB5CYS) in 1979 and began developing an interest in telephony.  I was lucky enough to be able to obtain this WE 202 that was my grandparents' phone for many years.  It was eventually replaced by somehow my grandfather was able to keep the phone.  I found it in a closet in his house in the mid-80s and subsequently stored it in a closet in my house until recently. 

I have just finished rewiring it.  I built a small external enclosure which contains a modern switchable ringer, a mini network and a Dialgizmo pulse converter.  The phone works great and I am very much enjoying using it as my desk telephone.  I still have some cosmetic work to do on the case - especially the handset cradle, but I have already had so much fun with it.

My next project is restoration of a WE 302.  I have learned so much from the information on this forum.  Thanks to all who take the time to post this information and to help newbies like me.

Best regards to all from Cal in Tyler, Texas.

Offline oldguy

« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2021, 10:34:38 PM »
Welcome back Cal. Nice phone, they are much more fun when you can use them.
Gary

Offline .....

« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2021, 10:40:14 PM »
Welcome back, this forum needs the old members returning!