News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Opinions Wanted On 555 Board Near Me.

Started by HarrySmith, May 16, 2019, 10:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I have been watching a board near me for a while. Finally down to a reasonable price. Before I make an offer I would like some expert opinions as to its condition. Is it complete? Can it be made to function easily? I am not an expert by any means on these things but as far as I can tell the only thing missing is a power supply. Can anyone see anything else? I am thinking of offering $100.00.
Thanks, Harry

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223516736515
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

This is a Leich L55 board a clone of a WE 555 board. I dont see any missing parts. The loose plugs are for  expansion. A 555 diagram will work .One more thing ,you will need a power supply. One for a 1A2 key system will work. Make sure it has a ringing generator

HarrySmith

Thanks Robbie. IIRC the power supply should be a 20B1 or something like that? If I get it I will be looking for one.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

Looks like a nice board Harry.
Even has the conference unit inside :)

Jim Stettler

Quote from: RB on May 16, 2019, 03:28:54 PM

Even has the conference unit inside :)
The conference unit is highly desirable on WE 555's. I suppose it is on the Leich model as well.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

Thanks Guys. I also put this out on the lists and got a lot of positive remarks there.
I made an offer of $100.00. I noted I will pay in cash on pickup. We will see. I will keep you all posted.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Hill Haven Telephone Company

Thats a good find with the conference circuit :)   I just got my 555 operational last night.   It was relatively easy.   

HarrySmith

OK, The seller declined my $100 offer. The auction ended with no bids. I will wait to see what happens. From my understanding he is moving soon and can not take it with him. I am hoping he will change his mind about my offer when his move gets closer.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fabius

I noticed the seller removed the item because it is no longer available. Did you get it?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

HarrySmith

No, I did not get it. I increased my offer to $150.00 but he declined. I may contact him again to see if he still has it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

If it is intact, it looks like what you would want.
Keep buggin him, Harry. ;)
He might cave, and sell it to you.
50 is not much of a game stopper.

Fabius

It looks like the location where this board was in service is on it, a junior high school. If complete and with known history it's easily worth $200 IMHO.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905