News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island

Started by DavePEI, April 16, 2015, 10:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

I have started a FaceBook page for fellow collectors interested in the Museum at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PEITelelephoneMuseum/

Conversation is not limited to only the Museum, but to any discussion regarding the hobby. If you would like to be a full member, just navigate to the address above, and request membership. I will approve it and you will have full privileges.

Some will find when they go there that they are pre-approved, and may receive an email invitation. It isn't necessary to be invited, but FB requires I set up a few members in advance.

Please make yourself at home there, but don't forget the good old CRPF!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

Just joined! :D

This could include the PEI updates you post about all the time, along with updates as Spring approaches you guys (already in the works for us Wisconsin guys)!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

DavePEI

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on April 16, 2015, 11:29:57 AM

This could include the PEI updates you post about all the time, along with updates as Spring approaches you guys (already in the works for us Wisconsin guys)!
Actually anything at all, telephone-eise. Post your photos, stories about your collecting, suggestions for the Museum, the sky is the limit! The only thing I ask is no commercials beyond the one I have posted regarding the Forum, TCI, ATCA, THG, and OldPhoneWorks, Phoneco as suppliers, etc.... Just a few of my favorite things!

The one thing I don't want to see there is Politics, or complaints about other collectors. It is meant to be a fun place!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: DavePEI on April 16, 2015, 01:44:31 PM

Actually anything at all, telephone-eise. Post your photos, stories about your collecting, suggestions for the Museum, the sky is the limit! The only thing I ask is no commercials beyond the one I have posted regarding the Forum, TCI, ATCA, THG, and OldPhoneWorks, Phoneco as suppliers, etc.... Just a few of my favorite things!

The one thing I don't want to see there is Politics, or complaints about other collectors. It is meant to be a fun place!

Dave
I just added a couple supporting words about the Forum, although it's evident that I forgot that I can't downshift in Facebook... :-[
Christian Petterson

DavePEI

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on April 16, 2015, 02:01:20 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on April 16, 2015, 01:44:31 PM

Dave
I just added a couple supporting words about the Forum, although it's evident that I forgot that I can't downshift in Facebook... :-[

Yes, I saw that. Wondered what you meant about not being able to downshift!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

I tried clicking "Return" to start another thought (my 2nd comment), but my comment posted automatically. I couldn't delete it, so I just added another comment.
Christian Petterson

DavePEI

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on April 16, 2015, 02:16:47 PM
I tried clicking "Return" to start another thought (my 2nd comment), but my comment posted automatically. I couldn't delete it, so I just added another comment.
Ahh, a little secret there. Use shifted return - it will work! (without trying it - either shifted return or control return - both work, I believe. (Ancient FaceBook Seclet!) Each time you press them, a line will be added. However if something posts, look for a little faded inverted down arrow to the right of your message. If you click on it, it will give you the option to edit your entry of delete it to start over again...
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: DavePEI on April 16, 2015, 02:23:14 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on April 16, 2015, 02:16:47 PM
Ahh, a little secret there. Use shifted return - it will work! (without trying it - either shifted return or control return - both work, I believe. (Ancient FaceBook Seclet!) Each time you press them, a line will be added. However if something posts, look for a little faded inverted down arrow to the right of your message. If you click on it, it will give you the option to edit your entry of delete it to start over again...
It probably won't work for me; everything I do lately is Mobile!

I used to use my laptop rarely, but I can't at all now, since a metal subset cover was dropped (or roughly placed down) on the laptop when it was closed. The screen's cracked now, so I have to use my Smartphone and tablets for everything on the internet.
Christian Petterson

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DavePEI

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 16, 2015, 06:29:31 PM
I just joined too. Thanks , Dave!
Yes. saw that. I was on when you joined, and approved your request right away!
C*NET 1-651-0001

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

CanadianGuy

I quit Facebook about a month ago and haven't missed it...until now haha! :)

Quote from: CanadianGuy on April 16, 2015, 11:29:06 PM
I quit Facebook about a month ago and haven't missed it...until now haha! :)

I quit Facebook as well about  3 years ago. I haven't missed it either. It would be nice if you could just follow the link and get to look around without joining Facebook.

Doug / Autonut

unbeldi

Quote from: Autonut on April 19, 2015, 08:47:55 AM

It would be nice if you could just follow the link and get to look around without joining Facebook.

Doug / Autonut

The notion of unmediated browsing on the Internet has been obsolete for some years. Simply being a traffic conduit is not profitable. Nowadays, you have to be tracked, logged, analyzed, correlated, and advert-customized to be permitted access. It's called progress.

Quote from: unbeldi on April 19, 2015, 09:26:43 AM
Quote from: Autonut on April 19, 2015, 08:47:55 AM

It would be nice if you could just follow the link and get to look around without joining Facebook.

Doug / Autonut

The notion of unmediated browsing on the Internet has been obsolete for some years. Simply being a traffic conduit is not profitable. Nowadays, you have to be tracked, logged, analyzed, correlated, and advert-customized to be permitted access. It's called progress.

More like "Big Brother" I will never rejoin Facebook, don't need it.