Telephone Switching > General PAX & Intercom Systems

Intercoms--Suggestions Appreciated!

<< < (8/8)

stopthemachine:

--- Quote from: DavePEI on March 01, 2011, 09:52:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: stopthemachine on March 01, 2011, 08:57:18 AM ---Interesting--how do you connect them to the phones and intercoms? 

--- End quote ---

Just take off the ends, and connect the power leads from the charger to where one would normally attach the battery...

You may have to use a multimeter to identify the output leads of the charger...

--- End quote ---
Dave, is there any chance you have a picture as to what this set up looks like?  (A cell phone charger connected to an old magneto...or better yet, intercom phone.)  I'd really like to try this soon, but I'm scared I'll mess something up or cut the cell phone charger wrong. 

DavePEI:

--- Quote from: stopthemachine on March 02, 2011, 08:57:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: DavePEI on March 01, 2011, 09:52:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: stopthemachine on March 01, 2011, 08:57:18 AM ---Interesting--how do you connect them to the phones and intercoms?  

--- End quote ---

Just take off the ends, and connect the power leads from the charger to where one would normally attach the battery...

You may have to use a multimeter to identify the output leads of the charger...

--- End quote ---
Dave, is there any chance you have a picture as to what this set up looks like?  (A cell phone charger connected to an old magneto...or better yet, intercom phone.)  I'd really like to try this soon, but I'm scared I'll mess something up or cut the cell phone charger wrong.  

--- End quote ---

Well it is so simple, a photo wouldn't help. Find out first where you need to attach battery to the phone. That will have to come from its own schematic. Cut the connector off the cord, find the two power leads with a voltmeter (most have a sensing lead) then connect the negative to the negative on the phone, and the positive to the positive. You need a charger for each phone. As far as cutting the charger wrong, just clean cut off the plug, then strip the wire back a couple of inches...

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version