Telephone Switching > General Switching Discussions

[Its Here!] A Switchboard Section on CRPF ??

(1/7) > >>

Babybearjs:
we need a section on this forum for switchboard units. (IE schematics, manuals, etc.) I know there is a section for CO equipment, does switchboards fall into that section?

DavePEI:

--- Quote from: Babybearjs on March 28, 2012, 11:44:35 AM ---we need a section on this forum for switchboard units. (IE schematics, manuals, etc.) I know there is a section for CO equipment, does switchboards fall into that section?

--- End quote ---
Yes, switchboards would qualify as C.O. equipment...

Dave

Phonesrfun:
Not to be contrary, but I think due to first the fact that switchboards are a very specialized sort of thing and second that there are so many different variations and configurations that a special switchboard section would be too specialized.  Especially if the expectation is for documents, schematics, and manuals.  You could fill a whole library with that kind of documentation.  I think that is the kind of niche the TCI document repository/library is trying to fill.

www.telephonecollectors.info

Just my two cents.

DavePEI:
Hi Bill:

Essentially what I was saying. It would make more sense to include switchboards as C.O. Equipment rather than as its own category. Insofar as manuals and schematics, the TCI repository (or as someone put it the other day, the Supository) would be a more appropriate place for large files, and already has a number of them. I have drawings on my site for a lot of the 1200 series boards (1240, etc.), and there are a ton of 555 documents on TCI.

www.islandregister.com/phones/phonelink.html

Dave

Phonesrfun:
The document library is seemingly going through some growing pains, but I have high hopes for it. 

I do know that finding stuff there can be tricky given the rather simple-minded search engine it has but still it is better than what was there before.

I have a 552, and someday I hope to get a 555 which I think would be a more friendly and easier to demo board.

I had not been to your site for a while, and maybe never to that page.  That is a good reference, I'll have to bookmark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version