and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Please educate me about this phone

Started by countryman, March 18, 2021, 04:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryman

All I have is this pic...

phonium

Western Electric dial stick. 50AL, 51AL, 151AL or similar.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Babybearjs

the original pphone would have been hard wired to a "Bell Box" an external metal box that wouls have been mounted close by and the the phone would have been wired into. I worked on one of these years ago... my cousins. absolutely beautiful phone! still quite useful today if you have a land line...  looks like it came over from europe somewhere... as it has a foriegn plug on it...
John

countryman

The plug seems to be an Italian? type with a built-in buzzer, quite smart to use it as a ringer box.
Yes it's in EU, Germany to be exact and the first original one I see on sale here. I will try my best to get it now.

Babybearjs

Good luck! they can fetch up to and even beyond $500.00! hopefully, no one will want it!
John

phonium

Usually in that condition about $200-$300
George Amores
ATCA#4857

MMikeJBenN27

This is probably a 51 AL.  If you want to use it, you have to pair it with a subset, even if you don't need it to ring, as you need to induction coil, which is inside the subset.  Using it without a subset can de-magnetize the receiver, and can even cause the dial contacts to weld themselves together. 

countryman

It's gone, not to me unfortunately. Price was too good (50 €, 60 $ US) and seller preferred local pickup but was 500 km from me...

Edit: Currency error