News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Any Switchers out There? Xbar, SxS

Started by ESalter, January 23, 2011, 09:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weco355aman

The link that Tammy provided is to a web site that is under construction and will be completed soon. Also photo's of phones will be added. I have
about 500= phones. only about 200 are out of there boxes.
Phil

marty

Hi All;
Here are some photos of what I have of my demo switcher.. Nothing has been wired I have to take off all the loose wires and clean the lugs... Then I can start wiring, even though thru impatience I may try something out with Jumpers.   So, NOW the FUN really begins...
THANK YOU Marty

Phonesrfun

That's a nice rack.  Did you build it?

-Bill G

marty

Hi All;
Yes, Bill, I built the frame last Saturaday, and today I put all the parts in place and bolted them in.. I have also put the Power Supply in place above the light and fuse module... I now am in the process of unwireing the Relays along the top and the Switch jacks.. I had the metal laying around and the screws, and so it was alot cheaper than buying a ready made frame... besides what it would cost to ship said frame.. and I know that its angles are not right, but it holds the units.. So, I am not complaining...
THANK YOU Marty

AE_Collector

Very ingenious way to hang the switches on the angle bar Marty. You are off to a good start.

Terry

marty

Hi All;
Terry, Thank You, I have not seen a close up of how it is really done, I can imagine, but, not completely sure.. So, I looked at what it had and it had an angle cut, So I found what would be a tight fit.. and made it from there... I used what I had...
THANK YOU Marty

Weco355aman

Hi Marty.
Looks good the way you have this layed out. Keep us updated.
Phil

marty

Hi All;
Here are some more pictures, I have had to make some major changes.. But, it is for the better.. I also got a long gift from Phil, after ordering some phones... THANK YOU Phil... See attached photos..

marty

Hi All;
More Pictured.
THANK YOU Marty

Phonesrfun

Marty:

I can see you have been very busy.  It takes a lot of time and work to put one of those together!

Keep us posted. 

PS: Phil McCarter is a great guy.

-Bill G

Stephen Furley

This is the small Siemens which I wrote about in the 'Interesting find at work' thread.  I hadn't seen this thread then, but this would have been a better place to have put it.

The upper selectors are linefinders, the lower ones are connectors; it was used with two-digit numbers.  Supplied new in about 1957-58, out of use by about 1970 and not touched since then.  Nobody even knew it was there until we had to remove it at very short notice recently for some contractors to make a large hole in a wall to bring in a new electrical supply.

This picture is at 'Internal Fire', the Museum of Power in Wales where we sent it to.  It doesn't require access to the rear of the cabinet, which can be bolted to the wall.  There is a heavy metal plate which covers the bottom row of selectors which is hinged at the bottom and when it is let down has a pair of rails on which the 'works' can be pulled out of the cabinet, rather like the lens standard on an old folding camera.  The ringing machine can just be seen on the wall to the left.

This picture belongs to the Museum.

Babybearjs

Phil!!! What a Hobby! must keep you plenty busy and out of trouble! Great pictures! the outdoor pics are dark though! If my sister had only left me alone! anyway.... great work dude!   John
John

Weco355aman

Hi, I have added new photos and Added Phone Display room #2.
Will be updating site over the next three months. This link is the backdoor to the site. I plan on launching site by April of this year.
http://www.strowgercentraloffice.com/gallery2/
Phil

dsk

What have i got here?  It is a PBX anno 1928 some parts missing, and I haven't a clue on at this level.
Magneto exchanges OK, but not this modern stuff ;D

Please tell me ???

dsk

Weco355aman

From what i can tel from the photos the items that you think are missing were not needed for that customers configuration. I'm
a us switching collector. You might send out a request on the TCI listserv with the photo and a request for information. I'd say from the looks of this it is worth the time to locate info. I don't see any cut wires. The wires that are tied off was for other features or capacity.
Phil
Phil