News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Collecting May Be Hazardous to your Health!

Started by twocvbloke, April 01, 2012, 11:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I hurt my back playing with my phones!!! :o

Okay, it wasn't handling a phone that did it, I was moving a box to get an extension cable to fiddle with the Cortelco in the kitchen (mostly to see if the line's REN was enough to ring that, the black 2500, the BT Viscount and the cordless, as the red 2500 wasn't ringing too well with those other three connected, but fine with the black 2500 unplugged), and while lifting said box to shuffle it over to the side, an old injury popped in to say hello, in my ribcage, so, my back is hurting like a bad word right now... :-\

I dunno, the things we have to suffer to enjoy our hobbies eh? ::)

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on April 01, 2012, 11:04:52 AM
I hurt my back playing with my phones!!! :o
No, not a first! Five years ago when I was building my Strowger demo, while cutting shelf sections to fit the rack, I set my shirt on fire with the sparks from the grinder, and suffered severe burns which were still there months later.

Then, while installing casters on my 555 switchboard, I was working alone, and managed to dump the entire switchboard onto my legs, completely pinning me down, and no help anywhere to help me out of the situation! I finally got myself out, but suffered lacerations and severe and deep bruising.

The moral of the story:
Phone Collecting can be hazardous to your health!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Dave:
As soon as I started reading 2cv's post I thought of you Dave! Then there was the apple story, you must have been doing something phone related when you stepped on it weren't you?

2CV:
We have a TV channel in Canada called HiFi HD. I always record two different car shows to watch on Sunday mornings. They are called "Style in Steel" and "Mystery Cars". "Mystery Cars" is about proto types, show cars, experimental cars etc while "Style in Steel" is about "real cars" with break through styling etc. This morning "Style in Steel" had an article on the Citroen 2CV. Produced for 42 years, 1942 - 1990. I learned quite a bit about it including it's real (french) name the "deux chevaux".

Terry

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on April 01, 2012, 12:01:23 PMThe moral of the story:

Dave

Most definitely... :o

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on April 01, 2012, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on April 01, 2012, 12:01:23 PMThe moral of the story:

Dave

Most definitely... :o
Well, its sort of like marriage - we know its bad for our health, but most of us do it anyway!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on November 29, 2012, 08:43:31 PMWell, its sort of like marriage - we know its bad for our health, but most of us do it anyway!

If you're lucky/unlucky/staring down the barrel of a shotgun... :D

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 01, 2012, 12:39:05 PM
Dave:
As soon as I started reading 2cv's post I thought of you Dave! Then there was the apple story, you must have been doing something phone related when you stepped on it weren't you?

Terry

Nope, can't blame that one on phones. Simply a matter of doing a pre-inspection check of our truck, and stepping on a little green apple and breaking my fifth metatarsal on my right foot. Not too bad, except that it didn't heal properly the year it happened, and the next year having to have it re-broken and a metal plate put in. Now, I can't fly without triggering the alarms  ;D I couldn't fly before - I broke my broomstick, but my wife still can :)

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

dc4code

I stabbed my finger with a screw driver trying to unscrew a phone.... lol...

I do that a lot working on computers too with the sharp edges of the case and mounting pieces... especially those flimsy PCI holes...

Owain

I cut the top off my thumb with a stanley knife opening a large cardboard box that brought me my first Planphone A.
http://www.britishtelephones.com/plans625.htm

Fifty Quid it cost me out of Exchange And Mart and I think it included the power unit.