Author Topic: Deadbeat ebaY Buyers & Sellers (No Current ebaY "Problems" Please!)  (Read 2794 times)

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
  • AE 2 - AECo's 1st Self Contained Desk Phone 1925
In researching ebaY Buyers and Sellers for the ebaY Handles List I come upon some interesting things.

This "Seller" (term used very loosely) has a Feedback Rating of NEGATIVE TWO. It looks quite likely that he set up an account, listed something of a fairly high value, got a buyer and the payment and then vanished off the face of the earth.

This one is long gone..."Not A Registered User" etc. Please don't use this to post any current ebaY "deadbeats" as we have don't want to get into any on-line battles with anyone but anything quite old, Not Registered etc should be okay.

They're out there....

Terry

seller75007
http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=seller75007&ftab=AllFeedback

Deadbeat bidder. No payment, no contact. BEWARE!
26-Dec-06 02:57

Stuck me for five thousand dollars in one day - two auctions
30-Dec-06 15:49

I thought it was just me he was signing up for and no help from ebay at all!
30-Dec-06 15:49
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:28:09 PM by AE_Collector »

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
Re: Deadbeat ebaY Buyers & Sellers (No Current ebaY "Problems" Please!)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »
Yep, you get "sellers" like that a lot, list items people really want, they bid & pay, then everything magically disappears along with the money... ::)

Kind of like that GPO 782-style Direct Line phone (red phone with wheels) I bought, the seller just seemed to disappear, and they ended up with a -xx number feedback as some other buyers bought things off them and of course are now also under the "Not A Registered User" title...

Got my money back though, but have yet to get myself one of those Direct Line phones... :D

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »
I still say the seller went out to the road and gave it a real good push in your direction only he either miscalculated or didnt wind up quite enough.

Terry
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:45:23 PM by AE_Collector »

Offline twocvbloke

• W.E. 500 DM
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 05:41:08 AM »
Yeah, I think that's pretty much the way that most of these "deadbeat" sellers work, find photos of stuff that sells well, list a few items, rake in the cash, scarper and pretend everything's peachy, until Paypal pulls the money back and they find themselves out of pocket... :D

southernphoneman

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 06:39:43 AM »
Yep, you get "sellers" like that a lot, list items people really want, they bid & pay, then everything magically disappears along with the money... ::)

Kind of like that GPO 782-style Direct Line phone (red phone with wheels) I bought, the seller just seemed to disappear, and they ended up with a -xx number feedback as some other buyers bought things off them and of course are now also under the "Not A Registered User" title...

Got my money back though, but have yet to get myself one of those Direct Line phones... :D
I had similar experience,seller posted a photo of a 1951 western electric 500,i won bid and paid for the item seller never shipped and I open up a case through pay pal and got my money back, the seller did that to 6 or 7 others and the seller ended getting thrown off of ebay, Gregg

Online TelePlay

• Global Moderator
    • . . . times keep changin'
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 06:52:06 AM »
That first case from 2006 must have been before PayPal changed the way they transfer money to new seller's. About a year ago, I bought a lamp stick for a cheap BIN price and it didn't show up. Wasn't even being shipped. I asked the seller why and they said they didn't get my money from PayPal. They needed the money to pay for shipping. Turned out PayPal wouldn't release the money to a new seller until after the item was received and feedback given. If I remember correctly, PayPal gave them a partial payment to cover shipping. One has to have a history now of a certain number of completed and delivered sales to get all of the money right away I guess to avoid these con seller's getting the money held back by PayPal. Big seller's on the forum can add to this or correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:54:22 AM by TelePlay »

Offline AE_Collector

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »
About a year ago, I bought a lamp stick for a cheap BIN price and it didn't show up. Wasn't even being shipped. I asked the seller why and they said they didn't get my money from PayPal.

I remeber that, we must have discussed it on here. Catch 22...no money to ship it so no feedback left so no funds released. Repeat as neccesary!

Terry

Offline ESalter

• http://facebook.com/cnw8577
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
That's right.  I've bought and sold things on eBay for years with my dad's account, but maybe 4 or so years ago I got my own account.  It was like that for me at first, they withheld the funds for 30 days or 3 days after the item was delivered or positive feedback was received.  It was like that for almost everything at first, but then was only for items in categories I hadn't sold in before.  After my feedback was over 50 or so, it stopped happening completely.

---Eric