News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Some Pictures from My Room of Phones and Stuff

Started by LarryInMichigan, January 08, 2014, 04:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

My PTT 24 unfortunately has a 1960s dial on it.

Larry

Matilo Telephones

Quote from: david@london on January 09, 2014, 11:35:29 AM
glad to hear that your phones are put into use. i use mine in rotation too, but as i have only nine, they tend to come round a bit quicker than in your case.

i just did a search on 'french ptt24 phone' and came up with a photo of an old french dial card. well, the pic is from this forum........from wds.

the instructions on it are nice and specific ............

in responding to all calls, announce :  "i'm here......i'm listening !"

Almost, it says Ici followed by the number space. Ici (lit here) means I´m here when said separately. In this case you were supposed to insert the subscribtion number. So the translation would be: this is 235984, I´m listening.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

david@london

ah c'est dommage about the 60s dial......tant pis.

the wall version looks pretty fantastic...........link to past ebay sale.

edit >  matilo....... oh yes of course - you're right......though i do think my version has a bit more snap to it.

LarryInMichigan

WesternElectricBen

Larry,

I like your Ericofons, and how they are displayed. Seperately?

You have a very nice clock collection too, I've wanted to buy an old wall clock I can hang in my bedroom or shop, but I've never gotten around to getting one.

Ben

Contempra

Quote from: david@london on January 09, 2014, 11:57:54 AM
ah c'est dommage about the 60s dial........tant pis.

edit >  matilo....... oh yes of course - you're right......though i think my version has a bit more snap to it.

Dommage oui il est vendu :D......

AE40FAN

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 09, 2014, 09:20:26 AM
Since someone mentioned clocks, here are some pictures from last summer of the Telechron shelves.  They have be rearranged slightly since then.

Larry

Love Telechrons!  I see you have the Pharoah and the Iris...two of my favorites!

Doug Rose

Quote from: david@london on January 09, 2014, 11:57:54 AM
ah c'est dommage about the 60s dial........tant pis.

edit >  matilo....... oh yes of course - you're right......though i think my version has a bit more snap to it.

what a beautiful phone! I can't stop looking at it....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

I have said this before and I need to repeat it again: the best phones are located in Michigan.
Jorge

WEBellSystemChristian

I've never seen a phone collection with only 1/6th of the phones being Western Electric. :o Nice collection, keep it up!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Contempra

Quote from: JorgeAmely on January 09, 2014, 09:30:45 PM
I have said this before and I need to repeat it again: the best phones are located in Michigan.

you preach to your parish jorge? :D :D

david@london

....very nice ericofons, larry. i especially like the blue + green. do you have a variety of different dates/dial faces as shown at ericofon.com ?

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: david@london on January 11, 2014, 06:30:04 AM
....very nice ericofons, larry. i especially like the blue + green. do you have a variety of different dates/dial faces as shown at ericofon.com ?

I probably have about three different faces and a variety of dates, but I was looking more for the colors.

Larry

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

AE_Collector

I had missed that you put a telephone collection display topic together. I must have been on a cruise at the time. I think I can detect some strain on some of your shelves! That means you can only fit a few more onto each shelf before risk of collapse.

Great collection and display Larry!

Terry