News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Compubit / Jim's (Growing) Phone Collection

Started by compubit, March 18, 2015, 12:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

Well, I think I have enough color variety to post this picture. Just added 2 new colors to the Trimline/et al collection.  From top to bottom, left to right (WE unless noted):
Cherry Swirl (SC)
Butterscotch Swirl (SC)
Mint Swirl (SC)

Burgundy (PacTel with WE 2220C insides)
Cherry Red
Rose Pink
(Dark?) Teaberry Pink (Painted - I have 2 of these) - I thought Teaberry was a darker shade...
Orange (ITT)
Rust
Harvest Gold (SC)

Teal Blue
Aqua Blue
Turquoise
Lime Green (SC)
Forest Green
Moss Green
Pastel Yellow

Black
Light Gray
White
Chocolate Brown
Light Beige
Light Ash (ITT)
Ivory

I know ther are other colors out there (e.g., bright red (ITT/SC), Sunny Yellow (WE), Butter Yellow (Noteworthy), and of course clear), so I have to keep looking... (But it's a decent start...)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

I took advantage of the holiday weekend to go bookshelf shopping - though I need a few more shelfs for the bookcase (IKEA Billy).
Here are my colorful collections in my basement:
* indicates a painted phone

1) Princess Phones (top to bottom):
Black -Light Grey - White - Ivory - Light Beige - Brown*
Burgundy* - Cherry Red - Rose Pink - Peach - Pastel Yellow - Seafoam Green (ITT)
Moss Green - Cameo Green - Turquoise - Aqua Blue - Teal Blue - Slate Blue
Imperial (702) - Rose Pink (1702) - Imperial (2702)

2) Trimline / Trendline / Slenderet
Cherry Swirl - Butterscotch Swirl - Mint Swirl
Burgundy - Cherry Red - Rose Pink - Teaberry Pink* - Orange - Rust - Harvest Gold
Teal Bkue - Aqua Blue - Turquoise - Lime Green - Forest Green - Moss Green - Pastel Yellow
Black - Light Grey - White - Brown - Light Beige - Ash - Ivory

3) 1500 Sets
White - Ivory - Light Beige
Rose Pink - Cherry Red - Pastel Yellow
Aqua Blue - Moss Green - Black
(I have a turquoise undergoing refurbishment with matching faceplate & have an early light grey 2500 I may "convert". I also have several colors with charcoal faceplates, but wanted to showcase the colored faceplates)

4) 564/565 1A2 Sets
Pastel Yellow - Cherry Red - Moss Green
Light Beige - Turquoise - Ivory (6041)
White - Light Grey - Black
(Still need Ivory, Aqua Blue, Rose Pink and Mahogany Sets)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WesternElectricBen

Very, very nice collection. I am envious of your light blue multiline set, and the fact that you have most every color offered.

The bookcases hold the phone nicely; however, did you consider a lighter colored bookcase stain? I would be interested to see if you like the phone more with a darker background.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 03, 2016, 06:32:43 PM
Very, very nice collection. I am envious of your light blue multiline set, and the fact that you have most every color offered.

The bookcases hold the phone nicely; however, did you consider a lighter colored bookcase stain? I would be interested to see if you like the phone more with a darker background.

Ben
That multiline is actually Turquoise!

Very nice display, Jim! I love all of your 1500s, especially the early Red!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

podor

Great collection! I'm a big 1a2 and 1500 fan myself.

compubit

Thanks!

Yup, that is a turquoise 565 - bought it on eBay as "Aqua Blue" - when it arrived I was shocked to see it was turquoise. It needs a new handset cord (has black now) - I picked up one in Lancaster. The red 565 needs some significant cleaning. Gotta keep my eyes and open for the missing colors.

I though about a lighter cabinet, but all of the other cabinets in the basement are the same color.

On the other hand, the dark bookcase will make my next collection pop: white phones. So far I have most of the standard phones:
Desk: 500, 510,1500,2500, SC1543, AE80
Wall: 554,1554,2554,SC1654,ITT3554,2555, SC1553, AE90
Princess: 701, 702,1701,2702,2702CS
Trimline: 220, 1220, 2220 & AC/AD bases (various models)
Office/Multiline: 565, 1565, 2565, AE881

A couple of known holes: AE80e (both rotary and push button), AE Styleline models, AE Starlite, Call Director, u.a.

I did decide to stay away from the design line phones, though I do have a white Sculptura I really like (and may sneak into the final display...)

Jim

AE_Collector

Wow, great collection. I just went through all your additions over the last year or so. If you want virtually all of the rest of the AE Styleline colors let me know. I have good duplicates of likely 16 or 18 different Styleline colours though most are wall Stylelines.

Terry

compubit

First picture of the "White Collection":

Top to bottom, left to right.
500D, 500D, 510B
701B, 702B, 1702B, CS2702BMG, 2713BM
220A/AD1, 1220A/AD1, 2220A/AD1, 2220B/AD3, 2220C
2564HL, 2565HK, 2565HKM
554B, 554B, 500D
2554BMP, 2555BMP, AC1, 1220A/AC1, 2220B/AC2P
S/C 1543WA, AE 80, S/C 1600W ("Petite")
S/C 1654BM, S/C 1553W, ITT 3554MBA, "Princess Clone"
NT Priority, NT Dakota 1000, NT Contempra (warm white)

In repair/box: 1554B, 1565HK, GTE/AE 881 (Rot), S/C 1704 (5 line phone), & others... (1500 & 2500 are "on display" in my living room.

Jim

AE_Collector

Working in the PBX department I always had access to the normal office coloured phones...Black, Beige, Ivory and White. So, It was only when I stumbled upon a coloured phone (bright colours) that I bothered to grab it. I stored things for years and it was only once I started to sort out what I had and get one of each out on display that I realized that I had virtually no usable white phones. I had lots of Ivory, many of which turned out to actually be discoloured White phones. I then realized how hard it is to find white phones in good condition.

You have one heck of a start on white phones there Jim!

Terry

compubit

Here's a photo update from the 1500s. All that's left is grey - debating on putting a late 60s 2500 cover on one of the chassis. Ideally, I'd like to have a set with dark faceplates and one with color matching faceplates. I know - give it Time!

As I have as updating the pictures, I realized I had already posted the others - this was the only update.

For th white collection, I've picked up a white WE660 rotary card dialer, a white WE2870 Touch-a-Matic 32, a white WE 107B speaker, a white Automatic Electric 83 Space Saver, both Rotary and touch call desktop Starlites and a Misty Cream (almost white) AT&T 2500Y, along with a few miscellaneous white buttons and switches.

Jim

Doug Rose

Very nice Jim....a collection to be proud of. Great color.....Thanks for sharing....Doug
Kidphone

compubit

A few new additions to my collection:
- WE Sculptura
- WE Big Button (Orange/Yellow buttons)
- AT&T Signature (2554CMPG - assume this is the model number as this one doesn't have model number sticker on it, but a yellow one I have does).

compubit

Picked up 2 more phones today:

- A  Sunny Yellow (Color Code -303) Touch Tone Trimline. When I took it out of the box, I was doubtful of the color, but side-by-side it's obvious. (Picture 1: Sunny Yellow -303 on the left, (Pastel) Yellow -56 on the right). Also the Touch Tone pad feels different and pressing 2 buttons simultaneously results in a characteristic similar to a 35 Tone pad (2 buttons in one row or column generate a single tone; 2 offset buttons [e.g., 1 & 5 together] generate nothing), plus the handset feels a little lighter.  Another color for the Trimline collection! (24, I believe)
- A white AT&T CS2500DMGF (made in Taiwan) - for the white collection.

Jim

Stormcrash

Nice finds and nice collection! Those design line and signature phones seem to be something people love or hate. Personally I like them, for the funky styles of the design lines, to the last stab at classic designs with bell ringers with the signature series.  That sunny yellow trimline looks beautiful. When talking about the keypad are you comparing it to a round button or later one? I've only experienced the square button model but they've all done the two button single tone behavior like the 2500 style keypads of the era.