News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need help... to remove instruction windows from Gray Pay Stations

Started by phonetech87, October 07, 2018, 06:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonetech87

...Need help removing instruction windows from Gray Pay Stations. They are rivioted on and I need to remove them without damaging the window. I may need to buy the screws to replace them once I get the shell painted. In that case, I will be looking for a source for the screws.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Ben Salem

RB

Not sure, but if those are rivets, you will need to drill them out from back.
Drill with a bit just big enuf to cover the center, and drill till you spin the rivet bottom off.
good luck.

poplar1

I am not familiar with this model, but some later 3-slot instruction card holders use screws without slots + nuts.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

rdelius

I  used a punch from the back to get the rivits to stick out enough so i could carefully pull them out.They could be driven back after painting and polishing. If I replaced them with screws, I tapped the holes with 2-56 tap and used 2-56 screws.

phonetech87

Thanks for your reply. I will take out the guts and try tapping out the rivots. Any ideas where I can buy replacement screws? Online?

Ben

rdelius

I think that AE/WE 3 slot paystations use the same size screws but not sure if phillips or slotted

FABphones

Quote from: rdelius on October 08, 2018, 03:56:06 PM
I used a punch from the back to get the rivits to stick out enough so i could carefully pull them out. They could be driven back after painting and polishing....

Now that is an idea I will try to apply on my phone finds from France (try saying that fast after a few beers  ;D ). The plates are always riveted. Thanks for the tip rdelius.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble