News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FIVESTAR Auto Parts

Started by LarryInMichigan, May 05, 2020, 06:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Is anyone else here puzzled and annoyed by the hundreds of listings (like this: ebay link) for auto parts posted by "hippo-deal" under collectible telephones?  Many months ago, I sent a message to the seller asking why they mis-categorized their listings, and they responded that they would contact their listing department, but several hundred more listings have appeared since.  Is there some sort of logic for hiding listings for auto parts under collectible telephones, or is this seller simply incompetent?

Larry

Yes that is odd, one would think they would want their auction in the correct category for higher traffic and exposure.

RB

There is some hook assoc with cars/parts and listings.
I see that all the time on craigs list also.
It seems that when they run out of "phones" to display, they fill in the rest with car stuff.
annoying, to say the least >:(

Jim Stettler

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 05, 2020, 06:27:39 AM
Is anyone else here puzzled and annoyed by the hundreds of listings (like this: ebay link) for auto parts posted by "hippo-deal" under collectible telephones?  Many months ago, I sent a message to the seller asking why they mis-categorized their listings, and they responded that they would contact their listing department, but several hundred more listings have appeared since.  Is there some sort of logic for hiding listings for auto parts under collectible telephones, or is this seller simply incompetent?

Larry
incompetent. I advised them months ago, they said they would check w/ listing as well
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

It is very annoying. I reported it to eBay several times starting many months ago. Apparently they are not concerned about it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

I just did a quick search of the seller's sold items, and it doesn't appear that they have sold many auto parts disguised as collectible telephones.  They have sold huge numbers of all sorts of stuff though. 

Larry