News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1885 Pennsylvania Telephone Co. Map

Started by magicbrain, March 27, 2021, 07:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbrain

Found on eBay & purchased it a while back - a 16" X 23" Pennsylvania Telephone Co. map showing their territory covered as of May, 1885 - the red lines are hand inked on the printed map.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/363251061507?_trksid=p2047675.l2557
I have placed it in a temporary frame to protect it & plan to see how much it will cost to have it properly matted, etc.
I am very pleased to own this item from my home state's early telephone history.

Bruce

FABphones

That's an interesting item to have on the wall. Be sure to hang it out of direct sunlight.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Key2871

Very cool. But as for matting, be careful because it may be detrimental to the map. I've seen times when things are done like that to preserve, but it turns out it would have been better just framed properly and not attached physically because it it took a negative toll on the article.
Hope it works out well for you.
KEN

magicbrain

Quote from: FABphones on March 27, 2021, 07:10:40 PM
That's an interesting item to have on the wall. Be sure to hang it out of direct sunlight.  :)
Quote from: Key2871 on March 27, 2021, 08:31:26 PM
Very cool. But as for matting, be careful because it may be detrimental to the map. I've seen times when things are done like that to preserve, but it turns out it would have been better just framed properly and not attached physically because it it took a negative toll on the article.
Hope it works out well for you.
Thanks guys - I am familiar with what needs to be done to properly protect & preserve this map - UV-blocking glass, non-acidic mat, etc., unfortunately it will be expensive, as it had been framed in the past with acidic materials including the backing piece it is still glued down to.
Some more pictures showing some of the exchanges.

Bruce